Episode 3 - ANOTHER underwater tunnel bug

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Episode 3 - ANOTHER underwater tunnel bug

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:16 pm

A bug I have come across halts further progress in the game. It is in the underwater tunnel. After flipping the switch to put the water on the left and collecting all the ladder pieces, I returned to flip the switch the other way (water on the right) to get the last piece. I tried crossing over the first bridge you come accross and there is some sort of invisible wall that doesnt seem to be intentional. I don't want to resort to opening it up in the editor yet. Any ideas?

Postby shadow drifter » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:25 pm

:? Um... I think that's supposed to be there...
I got through it, just find a different way.
shadow drifter
Wanderer

Postby Sasuke_Aurora2 » Sun May 08, 2005 9:32 pm

I have the same problem... :(

How do i get past it?
Sasuke_Aurora2

Postby Drunk and Bitter Jesus » Thu May 12, 2005 4:54 am

Maybe it would be a good idea to close these topics where the reported bugs are either not bugs or simply too vague to even bother.

People, be more clear with your bug reports. Give steps how to reproduce the problem. If you can't reproduce the problem, why would you think Lun can?

It might also help to attach your last savefile (before the bug occurred) and give steps how to reproduce the problem from there.
Drunk and Bitter Jesus

Postby loona » Thu May 12, 2005 10:54 am

Another thing that would help is if people would provide screenshots (that is, if they're not in possession of/incapable of using RM2k).
loona
S1 Hilyn

Postby Jabbo » Mon May 16, 2005 8:24 pm

This is actually a legitimate bug. It makes me wonder why it doesn't show up more often. On the water cave left screen at coords (29,47) is an event that turns Water Cave Level 1 off. All is well and good, considering that the event above it turns WCL1 back on. However, on the water cave right screen at the same coords are events that DON'T affect WCL1 in any way. So, if you have the water on the left, and you walk around that way, WCL1 will be off. You go flip the switch, and then come back and go back up the way you came, which is the only way to go, WCL1 should be turned back on, but there's no event to do so. So, WCL1 remains off. And the invisible wall comes up because WCL1 affects the bridges. Since it's off, the game thinks that you are on the first floor and not on the second floor like you actually are. And so, the bridge isn't traversible.

I think the reason the bug doesn't come up much is that it only appears when the water is on the right side. Strictly speaking, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the water to be on the right side of the map, other than that it starts there.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Return to Bugs