Bug in one of the Endings (Spoilers)

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Bug in one of the Endings (Spoilers)

Postby BustroQuick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:50 pm

On the map after I defeated Arctura, my computer crashed (blue screen, forced reset) This occured immediately after I saw the Phantom Slasher images and Rhue says "No way!" I was able to replicate this bug twice.

When glancing at the coding, I couldn't see anything wrong, I fixed it by having the game skip the map and move on to the scene at Estrana.

EDIT: It 'blue screens' in the Pits ending as well, shortly after Rhue finishes talking to Gaius and Slade. I will check Lexus' ending later.
BustroQuick
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:58 am

Maby the game is missing one of the panaramas or somthing, have you tried redownloading it. It doesnt sound like theres somthing wrong with the way itself if your computer crashes, those are usually rm2k or computer problems.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Victor » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:08 am

Could it be midi problems? Perhaps you have a buggy soundcard and/or soundcard drivers, so that when a certain midi starts playing, it crashes. I can't think of anything else that could cause a crash.
Victor
Plyn

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Postby Pikthulhu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:43 am

Curses, I am having the exact same problem with the Arcturus ending. I have killed Arturus 4 times, and everytime the crashes at a different moment, once right after the Phantom Slasher revelation, the rest sometime around when you are revealed to be the cleanser of the way. I also tried a reinstall to no avail.

If it's hardware, well, here's my video and sound specs:

Radeon 9800 Pro
Creative SB Audigy LS

Let me know if you find anything that works.
Pikthulhu
Wanderer

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:39 am

Weird... Have you had it happen in other RM2K games as well? Do other games get these errors from time to time? I can't see how this could be related to The Way itself.

My advice is to get over to a friend's place, lock him up in a closet and quickly plug in your self made The Way CD which includes the RTP, fontfix if needed and The Way episode 6+your save games. Since your crashes are near the ending your friend should not be hysterical yet by the time you take him out of the closet again :D
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Pikthulhu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Yes, the whole computer-jacking thing is what I am planning on doing. I haven't played any other RPGM2K games before (OK, I played Final Fallacy for about an hour), so no, I've never had such problems.

Oh well, I've waited this long for the End of the Way, I can wait a bit longer.
Pikthulhu
Wanderer

Postby BustroQuick » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:00 pm

After the beating the new version again, this time with a new graphics card, I still have this bug, but earlier than previously stated. It now blue screens upon entry of the map.
BustroQuick
Plyn

Hm

Postby LunC » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:27 pm

Haven't been able to reproduce this bug yet myself.
I've been looking at the events on this map, but I have no idea what the problem might be...

Lun
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Postby BustroQuick » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:43 pm

Skipping the map completely yields no further bugs, as does skipping the map in the pits, so I can finish the endings from there, so long as I copy + paste the map ending functions.

I've yet to explore the Lexus ending for this problem, but there's a good chance it'll have it as well, if the pattern I have here means anything.
BustroQuick
Plyn

Hmm

Postby LunC » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:07 pm

It might be worth downloading another RM2k game and taking the RTP.exe file from that game and copying over the RTP.exe file in Episode6 folder.

Lun
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Return to Bugs