Help Me Please! with Start of EP6

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Help Me Please! with Start of EP6

Postby Trussing2 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:06 am

:cry: I really think I have some sort of bug for this start of EP6 as I have copied the save file from EP5 to EP6 and all I got after running the EP6 was a blank screen with no effect after buttons pressed so please help me here!
Trussing2
Wanderer

Postby Belthazar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:13 pm

If i remember correctly there was long pause so just wait a minute or two.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Trussing2 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:34 pm

Well do you mean the very start of EP6 and not later on? 'Cos if it's later on it's no use as I mean it's the very start and I've left it like that overnight and it's still the same.
Trussing2
Wanderer

Postby Kyle » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 am

I had this problem as well, it's easily remedied fortunately :)

Load that savegame in episode 5 again. You should get another save menu shortly after you do so. Save over that slot again and this time the savegame will be okay for use in episode 6. Good luck.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Hiryo » Mon May 22, 2006 12:56 am

I tried nearly anything I could think of ... please help me!

I tried

0___The crappy versions runs however when I load my save I get a black screen.

1st__letting it run for ~1 hour (900Mhz Athlon CPU, 512MB RAM) while nothing else run
didn't work either.

2nd__starting it in several different modes (RPGmaker 2000 & RPGmaker 2003) didn't
work instead of the original RPG_RT.exe that went with the game. Even when I tried to
go to the switches I still saw a black screen however I heard the tunes for clicking and
escaping the switch-menu.

3rd__I tried to resave the saving in Episode 5 only that I went directly to the ending and
couldn't save anymore.

4th__I re-played the game form long before i.e. I started from a save that went waaaay
before that I still had in episode5 then when I finished it saved one versions where I went
directly after Gaia and one version where I beat Strata in one round ... which I prefer.
However still both version didn't run either.

5th__I tried then to switch a few swiches however I couldn't see the switches and it still
didn't work :(

Now my questions is could someone help me and here are my saves in packed in *.zip.
http://www.geocities.com/hiryoshotenha/ ... 5-file.zip

Could someone look if these version of my saves functions on your computer or if not...
or give me a detailed step by step to do lis as well if one can chane the save I have done
after loading it in the 'episode 5' of the way resent it to me? Especially the version where I
beat Strata in one round!!!
My email you can find on my homepage: http://www.geocities.com/hiryoshotenha/
There in the contact me section.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!
Life to the fullest without regrets and be as happy as you could be.
Hiryo
Wanderer

Postby Hiryo » Mon May 29, 2006 12:18 am

Could someone at least tell me if that save I have:

http://www.geocities.com/hiryoshotenha/ ... 5-file.zip

He can get to run :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
Hiryo
Wanderer

Postby Ovenhole » Mon May 29, 2006 10:04 am

I tried all saves, none of them is working. With two, however, the old one and the won in one round, I was able to access the switch menu. Both showed the switch "End of Episode 5" set as off, so maybe that's your problem. You don't seem to need this switch being on for starting the game, but maybe you didn't save at the very end of E5?
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Postby Hiryo » Tue May 30, 2006 1:19 am

Ovenhole wrote:I tried all saves, none of them is working. With two, however, the old one and the won in one round, I was able to access the switch menu. Both showed the switch "End of Episode 5" set as off, so maybe that's your problem. You don't seem to need this switch being on for starting the game, but maybe you didn't save at the very end of E5?

Hmm when I loaded 'the won in one round' in the 'Episode 5' again to resave it at the end
as I read by one. Then I only get to see the credits and then it's fin no savepoint there. Do I
need to replace/edit some Map files or something like that since I got the way 5 real early?

I want it to function regulary since I want in the future surly replay it again as well give it
to my friend this version so he can play it also.
Hiryo
Wanderer

Hum

Postby LunC » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:59 pm

I tried:
Save15 in "Won over Strata..."
Save09 in "tried setting switches"

And they both worked fine for me. Not sure what could be wrong.
Maybe your version of E6 is busted. Might help to redownload it.

Lun
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Postby Hiryo » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:14 am

Thanks!!! Will do that and inform you what happend then!!!
Hiryo
Wanderer

Postby Hiryo » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:41 am

I downloaded the 6th episode down again. I installed it and copied the Saved Game in the same folder. Sadly again it didn't function . . . odd. 'OK,' I thought. It could be because of my computer. So I installed the 6th episode on another PC I have with the same results that I couldn't continue with my saved game. Now it really got me curious just why It wouldn't function 'right.' Could it be that you sent some variable in the game that you need the 'C:\Program Files\' folder? I had to redo that since I'm in 'Austria' a German speaking country to 'C:\Programme\'...

If that wasn't it here my Data of my usual PC where I also have installed RPGmaker 2000 and RPGmaker 2003 with their respective RTP also I haven't had a bad RPGmaker game but those where some ressources didn't work. However all those where mentioned why it didn't work in RPGmaker 2000 and RPGmaker 2003.

On my primary computer is installed:
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~900Mhz (L2 Cache: 256 KB)
RAM: 512 MB
BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
Swap file: Used: 189 MB, Available: 2596 MB
Mainboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. <A7V133>
Monitor: Belinea
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
NVIDIA-driver: maindriver: nv4_disp.dll version: 6.14.0010.8185 (Englisch). With WHQL-Logo, Mini-VDD: nv4_mini.sys. DDI-VErsion: 9 (or higher)
DirectX-Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Soundcard: Creative SB Live!

Here the registry entries from my RPGmaker installations (I copied them from the exported registry entries so that's why there are two backslashes instead of one):

ASCII:
------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ASCII]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ASCII\RPG2000]
"ApplicationPath"="c:\\Programme\\ASCII\\RPG2000\\"
"FullScreenFlag"="1"
"ShowTitleFlag"="1"
"RuntimePackagePath"="C:\\Programme\\ASCII\\RPG2000\\RTP"
"FormLcfMain_Placement"=hex:2c,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,2c,00,00,00,2c,00,00,00,fc,02,00,00,69,02,\

ENTERBRAIN:
-----------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain\RPG2003]
"ApplicationPath"="c:\\Programme\\Enterbrain\\RPG2003\\"
"ProjectBasePath"="C:\\Programme\\Enterbrain\\RPG2003\\Spiele\\"
"OpenedProjectFolder"="The Way - Episode6"
"FullScreenFlag"="1"
"ShowTitleFlag"="1"
"FormLcfMain_Placement"=hex:2c,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,1f,03,00,3e,02
"RuntimePackagePath"="C:\\Programme\\Enterbrain\\RPG2003\\RTP\\"
"MaterialPath"="C:\\Programme\\Enterbrain\\Project\\"
"IncludeRtpOption"="1"

Here my secondary Computer:
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1533Mhz (L2 Cache: 256 KB)
RAM: 512 MB
BIOS: Version 07.00T
Swap file: Used: 136 MB, Available: 1113 MB
Mainboard: MSI MS-6590
Monitor: Philips
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
NVIDIA-driver: maindriver: nv4_disp.dll version: 6.14.0010.8185 (Englisch). With WHQL-Logo, Mini-VDD: nv4_mini.sys. DDI-VErsion: 9 (or higher)
DirectX-Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Soundcard: C-Media AC97

As said before there I got the same results with ONLY installing the Game itself. I have to say that I downloaded the game from your site (not the torrent file since I don't have a torrent-tracker installed on my friends computer.) Now could you help me or repack your version of the 6th episode so that I can download it and try this one again? Or do you know what could cause that whenever I try to load my saves that I get a black screen and nothing more. and when I use the RPGmaker 2000 or RPGmaker 2003 that I can additional hear th clicking sounds when I had pressed F9 AND move around with the coursers as well press ESC . . . so the switching menu must work IMHO. So could you help me?
Hiryo
Wanderer

Hmmm

Postby LunC » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:46 pm

Thanks for all the info. I looked over it, but I still haven't been able to find the problem. It's strange that I haven't been able to replicate the problem using your save games.

Are you playing the game through the Rm2k editor or using the .exe file?
I'd try both ways if you haven't already.

The default game (crappy stats) really aren't too crappy. I'd just use them if you have to, as a last resort. Sorry that I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong! :(

Lun
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Postby Hiryo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:54 am

Hmmm...

I tried to play it through the exe, RPGmaker2k, and RPGmaker2k3... I even tried
different RPGmaker exe versions instead of your exe file and it still didn't work.

What I think is that since I use the GERMAN-version of Windows that it could be because
of that.

So you used some code that requires files from the Windows folders:

----------So instead of------------------------------------------use this variables

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operati ... 70872.html

simply try those variables ( %windir% and %ProgramFiles% ) in your execute line.

It could be since I use the German version of Windows that I have a different path
then you have on your system and if the variables weren't used then I don't have
the folder (I.e. I have my Enterbrain- & ASCII folder there:

C:\Programme\ASCII\
C:\Programme\Enterbrain\

and you probably have those instead:

C:\Program Files\ASCII\
C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\

also if that wasn't it and you couldn't recreate the error then would you be so kind and

a) repack your current 'The way - Episode 6' so that I can download it or send it to me
b) resave the savefile I sent you (prefered the file where I beat strata in one round) and
then send it to me . . . .
c) make a savepoint on the first sreen where it functions in the way 5 and save there
the file and resend me?

Thanks!!!
Hiryo
Wanderer

Postby Hiryo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:59 am

Oh... since there isn't an edit function (even if only for a few hours) I put up an additional
idea what it could be . . . .

You probably did that already . . . . however did the game function when you didn't have
RPGmaker installed on a 'fresh computer' or this version need some specific ressources?
I'm no pro with creating a RPGmaker game and it's only a thought.
Hiryo
Wanderer

Postby Ovenhole » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Hiryo wrote:It could be since I use the German version of Windows that I have a different path
then you have on your system and if the variables weren't used then I don't have
the folder (I.e. I have my Enterbrain- & ASCII folder there:

C:\Programme\ASCII\
C:\Programme\Enterbrain\

and you probably have those instead:

C:\Program Files\ASCII\
C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\

That's most likely not the reason. I have always been able to play english rm2k game with my German Windows version, no problem there.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to Bugs