Music Bug

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Music Bug

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:02 pm

I was playing Ep. 1 again, and somewhere between stealing Dippy and meeting Traziun, midi files stopped working. All other sounds and music work but midi files don't.

...it might have something to do with the fact that I kept restarting since I liked the part where you can kill the innocent bystanders.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:09 am

I know one guy who deleted the midi files to turn the music off. You could try cutting and pasting them in game, or just reinstall but keep your save file out of it.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Poenaensis wrote:I know one guy who deleted the midi files to turn the music off. You could try cutting and pasting them in game, or just reinstall but keep your save file out of it.

I'll try that.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:11 pm

It didn't work. Maybe it's my computer's fault. But Ep. 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 work perfectly. Oh, well. Ep. 1 is short, so it doesn't matter.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:01 am

Ditto with mine. For some reason the new Episode One doesn't have music for me. But it has the sound effects and everything else...

EDIT: It works if I play it through RPG Maker though.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:47 am

yeah, I think its a lil' bug in RM2K, but I could be wrong, I'm not a haxxor.

I ran TTHW and it was music-free (but not sfx free) the first time I ran it. Then I had RM2K running in the background and suddenly I was hit by a wall of music! Amazing!

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. I should probably try out the ep 1 and see if it fails for me...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Asra » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:14 am

It works now, strangely enough. I tried reinstalling the way, and it didn't work. Then I played it through open rpg maker to see if it worked that way, and the music played. Then, I played it via the icon on my desktop, and now theres no problem... Weird.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Ok, now Ep.3 doesn't work either. I'm starting to really dislike Rm2k.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm suffering from the same problem as well. Except that my music doesn't work even if I open it through the RM2K editor. Perhaps another program is interfering? The midi files work perfectly fine on Windows Media Player, so I doubt that the problems lie in the files themselves. Does RM2K use certain versions of WMP and lower to operate the files?
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:34 pm

Long time no see Baka. I had the same problem with 1, I think it was also down on 6.. but I think my speakers may have been off.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:52 pm

One time, I couldn't hear it and I checked the volume control, and discovered that the MIDI volume was set to mute. I never changed it, so I don't know why it was there.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:51 am

I used to have this problem... some files would work, but others wouldn't then i wiped my computer or summit (im always getting viruses) and it worked after reinstalling it again. I also noticed that on different computers the music seemed different, especially the starting music.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Fri May 25, 2007 7:47 am

Yeah. RM2K should have no problems recognizing WMP10...so yes, I believe the problem resides in your computer settings for some of you. I had to adjust my SW Synth in the master volume control for the MIDIs to play.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri May 25, 2007 1:37 pm

It's probably the same bug as when you can only hear one instrument playing. I get a trumpet sound and nothing else sometimes. Mostly, it's only piano. Maybe it has to do with your OS. It never has midi problems on my Win95 system.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Re: Music Bug

Postby Elachim » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 pm

(Sorry for the necropost, but I may have come across something relevant.)

I noticed that some of the midis just won't play properly on Vista. The majority of the music plays fine, but certain midis are missing parts or whole channels (for instance BCastle - the main Estrana theme - plays only the drum channel and one trumpet channel in both WMP and RM2K. I believe this has something to do with the midi ports that each channel is playing to. I imported the midis into Fruity Loops, changed each channel's output port to 1, and exported as midi. After this everything worked as normal. I don't know if there some Vista setting that only plays midi ports 1 and up, or something else weird is happening, but I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

The tracks that weren't working are as follows:
ATheLagoon - plays mainly on the Marna Stretch
BCastle - plays mainly during E4 Estrana
B - Confrontation - plays during some battles
BPeaceTown - plays during Ep1 storytime and elsewhere? (I can't quite remember)
nocturne_55 - uhh, I'm guessing Ep6 but I can't remember where

If anyone would like the "fixed" midis, email me: huhwhozat at gmail.com (replace at with @ of course)
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Bugs