E6.

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

E6.

Postby Noggin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:10 am

In my attempt to get all the endings I've been over the way three times now, and each time I simply cannot get the postscript to the ending in which Rhue mentions "so you do paintings" (and so on). I've looked at the painting by Kloe in Ep2 every single time, and not once have I gotten the correct ending to work in episode 6. Rather, the ending fades out earlier than it should (instead of rhue saying "I .... can't" it fades out on the I ...) and for some reason, Strata appears in part 1 of this scene, but never comments (and I'm fairly sure that was removed from the game, Strata was never meant to appear).

So I guess I've got two bugs at work here, or I've edited the map so that I've turned the switch off somewhere, I have no idea which. I am not sure if this is actually an issue with my Save being bugged or somesuch, however. (This is on version 1.1 of Ep6, because I can't find out if there's anything more recent). I'll upload the save if anyone believes they need it to pin the error down.
"STAB ME I'M AERIS" - sign on the back of a wanderer at Otacon2005.
Noggin
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:26 pm

You need your Rhue relationship points at atleast 0(yeah, Rhue has points for himself) for the slightly extended conversation with Kloe, instead of him jsut saying "I can't". And during that conversation if you looked at the painting in EP2 you'll get that painting line.

I can't remember if anything has changed in the latest version of the game, but from what I remember, Strata runs in, relizes he is in way over his head, and gets the hell out of there.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Noggin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:36 pm

I took care to ensure my Rhue points are at least above three. The problem seems to be I simply cannot get the scene to either end correctly or trigger the painting end. With that in mind, could it be linked to something not working with switch 270?/ painting switch itself?. I know for a fact I looked at the painting in episode two.

This is the actual reason I've done this latest playthrough, in the last playthrough I also looked at the painting and I could not get the extended ending either, despite fulfilling all the conditions I could see. I preformed this playthrough on the same 1/2/3/4/5/6 Versions, however.

edit. If I change the end scene so that it requires the 270 switch to be off, the extra scene plays. So I guess my bug is that somewhere in the game, either the switch is turned off or my game isn't registering it being on in the first place.
Noggin
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Well, what do you know. Lun screwed up. So heres the jist of it. When you look at the picture switch 270 is turned on. Then at the beggining of EP3, Lun moves that to a more permanent place at switch 704, so Lun can use 270 for some EP3 related thing. It just sits there for a few episodes(which bugged me after I found it in the first place, I was sure it would have to be used for somthing important to be kept so long), until finally we get to the last scene. At the if statement where your long awaited dialouge waits to be said, Lun uses switch 270, instead of 704, which is no longer keeping track of whether or not you saw the painting anymore. And in your case the last time it was keeping track of anything it was off.

So basically Lun used the wrong variable. Change the if statement to 'If switch 704 is on'.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Noggin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:30 am

Brilliant, many thanks. I hope this little bug is fixed for everyone now. :)
Noggin
Wanderer

Return to Bugs