Some Plunge Bugs

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Some Plunge Bugs

Postby Elachim » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Going through the code for the plunge, I noticed a few bugs.

IN: 0079:79 FP Bar Setup

first line
In addition to the 3fp gained each round, Rhue gains an extra 1fp?

IN: 0018:CHOOSEPLUNGEATT

- below "Note: - If Attack Link used, no FP is gained."
The coordinate input variable is checked (V[0016]) instead of the variable set for a link attack (V[0488]). When Rhue selects a link attack, but does not have enough fp to perform it, he still does not gain fp that round

- below "Note: - RESET ATTACK LINKS TO 0 if they reach 10"
If the following is fixed, this needs to be reset to 1 instead of 0. Currently, on the tenth use of the link, the FP cost will be displayed as one, and will remain as one for the eleventh use.

- below the large note breaks "==========================" etc... in each check for Rhue's attack used (CS, LC, DS)
Rhue's link costs are incremented before they are subtracted from his FP, resulting in paying 1 more FP than is shown on the interface and checked against the cost of the link. I.E. Rhue pays 2FP for his first link, despite its displayed cost being one. He can use this link at 1FP, even though it subtracts 2 from his global FP.

- in each check for Rhue's attack used (CS, LC, DS), pertaining to fp cost for risk attacks
"Note: Takes the original 3 and subtracts 1. 3-1 = 2. That is how the correct result is achieved. Lun."
The next line subtracts 2 from Rhue's fp instead of 1. Are risk attacks supposed to cost 1fp or 2fp? AI Risk costs two so I'm assuming this note is incorrect.

- near the end of the event, resetting enemy link fp costs
Enemy costs are reset to 0FP instead of the proper 1FP. Also, they are rest when they reach 9, instead of 10, resulting in a maximum 8FP cost for AI links.

Seems like link attacks are a bit messed up! Good thing no one ever actually uses a link 10+ times! :P
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Re: Some Plunge Bugs

Postby Elachim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 am

Not sure yet if this is universal as I haven't delved into the code on this one. I noticed while trying to defeat the "Test 2" shadow plunge in Ep6 (the one with all those Downpour slots) that my finishers (as a Straphalyn, so finisher 4) where reportedly removing 0 DT when they were actually removing quite a bit (20+ DT). My hypothesis is that detriment to DT (and possibly other stats) is not correctly displayed when it is >= 10. It is also possible that this is just a glitch with Finisher 4 and that the effect values are not being set up correctly for display. Since I haven't done any test cases yet, I can't say for certain which is true. Anyone else notice similar issues?
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Re: Some Plunge Bugs

Postby randomperson » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

The only Plunge bug I ever noticed was in E2, where Ray of Light's graphic didn't show up when it was used. That is, the effect still worked, and the animation played, but its name didn't show up when it was successfully used.
Didn't happen with any other Blade Arts, and seemed to be fixed after E2.
randomperson
Plyn

Return to Bugs