Ep 5 missing resource?

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Ep 5 missing resource?

Postby kurlumbenus » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:39 pm

I'm playing through episode 5, and right after the Guided stone Lilah, and Sacrifa heads into his house in shock, the game fades to black and then crashes with an error about ???? AAEvilSymbol ??????.

I'm asuming I'm missing a file of some kind.

So, what do I have to do to fix this? I'd really like to continue playing asap. I've tried re-installing, but it didn't help.
kurlumbenus
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:23 pm

Did you install the newest version or a mirror?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby kurlumbenus » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:38 pm

I'm almost certain I installed the newest version. I got them from http://www.crestfallen.us/download.html.
kurlumbenus
Wanderer

Same Error - Workaround

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:56 am

Hi there!

i've got the same error as kurlumbenus (hooray!). And , yes, i downloaded my version from crestfallen.us...

But I worked out how u can fool the program: simply take a small .png file, rename it into AAEvilSymbol.png and put it into \Episode5\CharSet.
I don't know if this makes a diffrence, but my "new" file is 2k in size.

Ok, it probably looks kind of wierd, but it worked with me...so i could go on adventuring...
:D

Hope this helps,

have fun,

Joe 8)
Joe

Postby kurlumbenus » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:17 am

Good idea, Joe. I'll try that if nobody can post the missing file, or anything by the time I get back from work.

Thanks,

Kurlumbenus
kurlumbenus
Wanderer

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:57 pm

I had the same error, but creating a blank text file and copying it to \Episode5\CharSet didn't work, the error message changed from ???? "AAEvilSymbol ??????" to "???? ???????", but the game still crashed. Here's what I did:

1. go to \Episode5\CharSet and copy the file WayItemsPaperEtc.png to the desktop.
2. Rename the file WayItemsPaperEtc.png to AAEvilSymbol.png and copy it back to the \Episode5\CharSet folder. That should work!

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:58 am

Yes, Guest, that's just what i meant. Naturally simply adding a .txt wouldn't get u anywhere - the program is looking for a .png - a graphcs file...

Sorry if i was not precise enough... :?

Anyway, have fun playing on...

Joe
Joe

Fixed

Postby Support Boy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:22 pm

The problem should now be fixed in the current version of Episode 5.
Support Boy

Return to Bugs