Episode 4 XL problem.

If you found an error or bug, this is the place to report it.

Episode 4 XL problem.

Postby Impossible » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:35 pm

This isn't the first time I've encountered it, but I would have thought it was gone by now... In the forest in E4, Rhue has 0 XL when a fight begins.

I also noticed some grammatical errors throughout E2 and 3, but I didn't take note of them. But someone needs to find all the "apart"s and "awhile"s that should be two words. I'm also certain there were a couple of mistakes in E2 on Marna Stretch with the Paradan, when you blind the monster and then decide to fight it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:55 am

well you're smart enough not to run away from battles so this must be some kind of weired glitch
which one was it? it might be worth checking the coding for that event to see if something is wrong there
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Episode 4 0-XL problem

Postby Squish » Thu May 12, 2005 9:07 pm

I experienced the same problem, but eventually it solves itself.
I'm not entirely sure, however when I play though the whole series again, I will get every bug I can find. This should include the 0 XL bug that you specified. Just play the game out, it'll solve the problem by itself.
Cheers and Beers.
Squish
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri May 13, 2005 12:39 am

It changes back after the forest, yes, but that doesn't mean it's not a rather bad glitch that really should be fixed by 1.6...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Squish » Fri May 13, 2005 12:54 am

True that. I agree.
I am composing a file with several glitches that I have found at the moment. I have about three errors (including the 0 XL, a grammatical error and a graphical error), as well as approximately 12 screenshots of errors. Trivial as they may be, I think that they are flaws in an otherwise flawless game. I'd hate to correct them. Ugh. It would be so darn boring.
Squish
S1 Hilyn

Postby Jabbo » Mon May 16, 2005 7:49 pm

If you want to know why this bug happens, it's because the event tabs in the battle screen are out of order for the battles in the forest. For normal battles, tab 1 says that on turn 0, the Rhue XL gain (temp) variable will be set to Rhue's XL gain. Then there's another tab, usually tab 3, that adds XL to all characters on every turn.

The forest battles, though, have tab 1 as the tab that adds XL to all characters. Since rm2k runs the tabs in order, and the Rhue XL gain (temp) variable is not set until tab 2, Rhue's XL is modified by the Rhue XL gain (temp) variable which is still set to 0. The second tab then sets the XL gain and the battle runs normally from there.

The reason it doesn't affect Kloe is because instead of an XL gain variable, the event just gives her 1 XL per turn.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Squish » Tue May 17, 2005 12:56 am

Fair enough, its unfortunate that such a tiny error could cause a problem, but it is a limitation of RM2K, and it's something -with careful thought- that can be worked around.
Squish
S1 Hilyn

Return to Bugs