Xenosaga Episode II

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Xenosaga Episode II

Postby Inderos » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Anyone else get this? I got it the day it came out. I'm on the second disk, just taking my time. I don't want to beat it too quickly.
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:34 am

I started playing episode one and then it had to go back to blockbuster, so I just have a save file waiting to be written.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:56 am

I'm fairly far into it. I don't like the GE campaigns. They ruined the game for me. I don't have the strength to finish it. The story is perfectly fine and it plays well....but those things make it so unfun.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Inderos » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:57 pm

You don't have to do the Global Samaritan campaigns. They're optional.
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:12 pm

Yeah. Not doing them just makes the game extremely hard.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Kyle » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:20 am

I finished it about a week ago. Totally love the story, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first game in my opinion. Sure, some scenes were extremely good, but unlike Xenosaga I where *every* cutscene was well directed, this one suffers from some very boring scenes as well.

I did about half the GS campaigns, then decided I wanted to continue with the story. Most GS campaigns are boring anyway and only a few reap good rewards.

I also found the game to be very difficult, but now I've brushed up on some battle strategy which has effectively doubled my damage output in comparison to my first playthrough.

I heard the amount of cutscenes in episode III will be halved. If Monolith does indeed go ahead with that I'll probably not be as interested in it anymore. I mean, it's a lot like The Way, don't you think? Whether you admit it or not the cutscenes is why you play these games.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Vinintran » Sat May 14, 2005 8:43 pm

I love the Saga series. It's truley one of the best game series out there right now. I beat Gears, loved it, went to Episode 1, beat it, loved it.

Now I got to the last AWMS boss fight, and I could NOT beat it. Agh. So I got the strategy guide and restarted. I'm right now at the Orgulla boss fight. I love this game, but I wish it were longer.
Poke!
Can you dig it?
Vinintran
Wanderer

Postby Kyle » Fri May 20, 2005 5:45 am

One strategy to beat them all:

Fill boost and ap meters, cast appropriate "sword" skills on all members (eg. Fire Sword) and launch your combo.

Boss falls in one or two combos. Guaranteed, even the final boss.

Oh and don't bother with double attacks, ever :) Watch them all once for eye candy though.

There are some skills you need to teach your members for this to work though, like the aforementioned sword skills, Boost 1, ... But you'll find that in your guide.

Good luck, the ending rules!
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Takarious » Fri May 20, 2005 7:30 am

LOL Chaos is teh messiah!
Takarious
S3 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:11 pm

ok i didnt wanna start a new topic for this so i'll just put it in here
in Xenosaga ep 1 i'm in the cathedral ship and i cant beat the fucking boss,
i can kill the two little annoying sidekicks but i cant get any further!
any hints?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Vejitto » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:52 am

Hm... I'll try to help. I was a little overpowered at that time and had no real problem with him, but I can guess what's wrong. I know E. and T.Pts. are not much in Cathedral Ship, but as I remember Exp is okay, I think somewhere around level 16-18 you could pull it off.

I found chaos and KOSMOS do well against him, and I think Ziggy would do just as well as Kosy, but unfortunately I find him too slow :x If you used MOMO or him, you can try putting her behind Ziggy and abusing Bodyguard. The boss can't push him down easily, but Ether attacks are a pain until the two underlings go down. Never put MOMO in the front row. No HP = quick death. She's not much against the boss, best to preserve her for healing.

Shion is essential, as she has Medica All, transfer this to the other two if you can, it saves life, but I rarely had her attack. Best to put her in the back and have her guard/replenish her EP/heal with Medica All/Steal from the boss (you might even give her a boost from an item so she can cut in the line in emergency if the other two can't heal), her HP and Def isn't very good and after the lackies are gone, the phys down attack can do a number on her. Don't let HP go below 50% for anyone, best to keep it around 80%.

KOSMOS has a good amount of HP, Def/Edef and generally well around stats. chaos comes close second, less HP but also good stats. Both are good in the Ether department, so they can use Medica/All with efficiency.

Basically what you need is slashing and thunder attacks, such as upgraded R-Blade, Heaven's Wrath, or even Shion's Lightning/Shock Blade. Try putting them in Hi-Slot, that way you can execute them every turn. If one character accumulated boost, use it in emergency only.

I hope it helps,
~Vejitto
Vejitto
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Any of you ever use the A.W.G.S, i find them quite useless and extremely slow
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Inderos » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:Any of you ever use the A.W.G.S, i find them quite useless and extremely slow

Wow, way to talk about the wrong game, retard. Episode II doesn't have A.W.G.S...
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:30 pm

wow u fucking retard look up about 2 maybe 3 posts....
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Return to Gaming