One More Tally Mark For Nintendo And Sony...

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Impossible » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:05 pm

The GCN has the most comfortable controller, but the XBox controller is simply shit. I don't understand what makes the SNES rip-off - uh, I mean, PS2 controller that much better - the analog stick placement, and in fact the analog sticks themselves, are terrible. It makes playing far more uncomfortable. The button layout on the GCN controller is obviously a bit unorthodox, but it works out extremely well, except perhaps for fighting games and such, where it would take some getting used to.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:35 pm

Are you talking the original big x-box controller, the smaller "S" one, or just in general? Because unless you guys have tiny little midget hands crippled with arthritis I can't see how anyone would have trouble. But then, I can't see a lot of things.

Anyway, just assembling my controllers and looking for faults:
X-box S:
1. Black and White buttons are a bit of a pain.
2. Despite being less than a centimeter away, the Back button is somehow much harder to hit than the Start button.

Gamecube:
1. Control Pad is dwarfed by my massive thumb.
2. Button placement odd, but easy to adapt too.

PS2:
1. Sticks are VERY squirrely compared to the other two.
2. Double shoulder buttons slightly counterintuitive, but also easy to adapt to.
* Since I went Nes-Snes-N64-GCube-Xbox-PS2, the Ps2's circle-square-triangle-x configuration used to confuse me, and lead to an endless string of PaRaapa the Rapper failures.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:33 am

RentACop wrote:* Since I went Nes-Snes-N64-GCube-Xbox-PS2, the Ps2's circle-square-triangle-x configuration used to confuse me, and lead to an endless string of PaRaapa the Rapper failures.

It's vice versa for me. I need to spend like 5-10 minutes getting used to the xbox or whatever controller before i can be confident. my hands have grown accustomed to ps/2 controllers, and i luv the analog sticks :P
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:20 pm

*rereads latest nintendo magazine*

They are trying to compete with the PSP's capabilities by adding some sort of blank memory card for the DS. It''s got most of the same abilities, and it can be used on a GBA by sliding into an adapter the size of a GBA cartridge. coolness.

Theres also some sort of handheld device advertised in official xbox mag, but I don't really care to look at that right now.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:08 am

Bill Gates has to die... The fucko once tried to level Nintendo! He's worse then Satan :evil: !!
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Daedalus » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:39 am

Yay for fanboy posts. :roll:
Daedalus-he who sees by fire.
And so one day I will be gone, and all that will remain will be my love.
Daedalus
Plyn

Postby Alundra » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:39 am

Yay! :lol:
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:40 am

Alundra. Stop posting crap.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Previous

Return to Gaming