One More Tally Mark For Nintendo And Sony...

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:21 am

Doovy wrote:PS2 kicks the shit out of both of them.
Yeah Xbox has an 8 gig hard drive and supports DVD9 and Gamecube is compatible with gameboy advance which is pretty cool.
But PS2 controlers are much more comfortable and they have much better games.
I don't see Final Fantasy or Smackdown! vs Raw on Xbox.
and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube really sucks.

The only good games on Xbox are Halo, Morrowind and Fable.
And the only good games on gamecube are Super Smash Bros. Melee, the Zelda games and Resident Evil 4.

Ok.. You quoted 2 good ps2 games, 3 xbox games, and 3 gamecube games, and you're arguing that ps2 is better than both of them?

First of all FF10 and FF11 Sucked ass to the maximum. The only FF game that FF10 could beat is FF8.

I like all three of the systems (Gamecube ends up at the bottom though. Not many good games. Some innovative games, however.) and arguing that one is better than the other is being a fanboy douchebag. and no one likes a fanboy.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:58 am

Greatchickenman wrote:
Yeah Xbox has an 8 gig hard drive and supports DVD9 and Gamecube is compatible with gameboy advance which is pretty cool.

And the only good games on gamecube are Super Smash Bros. Melee, the Zelda games and Resident Evil 4.

Ok.. You quoted 2 good ps2 games, 3 xbox games, and 3 gamecube games, and you're arguing that ps2 is better than both of them?

First of all FF10 and FF11 Sucked ass to the maximum. The only FF game that FF10 could beat is FF8.

I like all three of the systems (Gamecube ends up at the bottom though. Not many good games. Some innovative games, however.) and arguing that one is better than the other is being a fanboy douchebag. and no one likes a fanboy.
What about a douchebag?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:33 pm

Berserker wrote:
My GBC has been run over by a car twice, and other then a crack on the side, it works fine. Ive dropped my GCN many times too, but they were never big drops.

Strange way of having fun... :)

I never said it was fun, its just happend. Alot.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:53 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:
Greatchickenman wrote:

What about a douchebag?

Well, some people can like doucebags, but everyone hates fanboys.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:27 am

Meh, I do really choose sides concerning console systems. I think it's silly when you already own all 3 ><. But seriously, Nintendo controllers aren't really good at all. My little brother bought Mario Party and our controllers were never the same again.

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:Meh, I do really choose sides concerning console systems.

And the side you choose is?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:21 pm

EDIT: This post came in rather late for some reason, so I'm just getting rid of it.
Last edited by Glenn47 on Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby shadow drifter » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:Meh, I do really choose sides concerning console systems. I think it's silly when you already own all 3 ><. But seriously, Nintendo controllers aren't really good at all. My little brother bought Mario Party and our controllers were never the same again.

Ah, yes, Mario Party. I hated those mini games where you had to spin the control stick... The control stick would be so damaged, you'd practically have to buy another controler anytime you played them.

Back on subject. I, personally liked Nintendo, for their NES and SNES, as well as some other games, but that is because that's all I had. Nintendo has been in the video game buisness a lot longer than Microsoft or Sony. (Nintendo also 'hasn't' been in the video game buisness, they used to make 'trading cards' with plants or random household appliances, for those of you who care.)

Anyway, I think if you had the money, you'd buy all 3 systems. All this debating over which is best is just trying to find which is best to buy, in my opinion. Maybe not for everyone.
shadow drifter
Wanderer

Postby RentACop » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:21 pm

Actually, Nintendo offered free pairs of gloves to owners of the first Mario Party for awhile. Cause the best way to spin the controller was with your palm, and people could get blisters. I sure as hell did. Haven't had 'em that bad since we tried to pull a tire up into our tree-fort and everyone let go of the rope except me.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:00 pm

I remember that, I had only rented Mario Part for a week and I can remember my hands being sore afterwords, especially after the rowing minigame I think.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:30 pm

For me it was the Tug-of-War game where one guy in a bowser suit was against the rest. I looked down, thought "Hey, my hand has a skin bubble, cool!" and kept playing. Which in hindsight was a very painful mistake. Thank god I hadn't discovered masturbation yet, or it would have been really inconveniencing.

Also screwed over my controllers, the stick wobbles around in the socket now. Gamecube was a bit better, until my wave-bird stopped working for no discernable reason after 2 weeks of ownership. And as sturdy as a game boy is, it still can't take talcum powder. Of course, that was merely a nusciance compared to the CD-ROM drive that would cause hairline cracks in anything inserted into it.

So considering my luck, that x-box is going to burst into flames any second now.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:58 am

Nintendo also used to make Laser-light gun things, which is how Duck Hunt came about.
I actually think gamecube controllers are more comfortable than PS2 controllers. Maybe that's just me. All the controls are just right there. I don't like having two sticks to use, and the Gamecube doesn't really require it too often. PS2 controllers are still decently great though. Xbox's are too big in my opinion.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby nerx » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:06 am

Well, I think nintendo isn't good anymore because they are focusing on little kids. When I go buy some gamecube games I rarely find ones that don't include teletubbies in the title.

I say that, and I'm a ninten fan :|. But that's just because donkey kong country rocked too much. :P

Hmm then they had "Touch the bottom screen... you might like it :wink: " Really I don't know where they're going. Snes was the best.
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:22 am

And now nintendo is planning on reducing the number of buttons on the gamepad even more. Before we know it we'll be back in the NES era.

I loved SNES but since then I haven't cared for Nintendo anymore. I've got a GC, but only because I wanted to play Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos.

Having said that, games like Mario Party are entertaining for a while, if you have the friends to play it with.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:46 pm

PS2 is the best system by far. Want proof? Its sales crushed the Cube and the Box. Nuff said.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming