One More Tally Mark For Nintendo And Sony...

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

One More Tally Mark For Nintendo And Sony...

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:03 pm

Wow...14 xboxes had defective wires that caught on fire or burnt their surroundings via electricity. With 14.1 million units sold since October 2003, there is a one in one million chance of your xbox screwing up. Is that before or after you factor in the use time of some xboxes is 24/7? If you've got one manufactured before October 2003, send some info to microsoft via http://www.xbox.com and you'll get a replacement cord in 2-4 weeks.

So now, even if I can't actually PLAY games on my xbox, I am at risk. :shock:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:07 pm

I'm not gonna send in my power cord. That not only means I have to spend 4 days without X-box, it also means that I'm a total pussy. 14 people have suffered MINOR BURNS! OMG! WE NEED A COMPLETE RECALL! Fucking assholes.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:23 am

Nintendo do shit like this all the time. Dead pixels on the DS, the left and right speakers being the wrong way around with the Play-Yan, a couple of Wario Ware Touched microgames not working on grid DS screens...

Of course, they didn't take over a year to notice these things. And dead pixels were a slightly bigger and more noticeable and likely problem. And the speaker thing was for every one, and Wario Ware thing probably on about half of all DSes, not just one in a million.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:42 pm

Impossible wrote:a couple of Wario Ware Touched microgames not working on grid DS screens...

My DS has the grid screen and all the Warioware games work fine, I don't know how the screen difference would effect how well the minigames work anyway.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:41 pm

What do air conditioners an microsoft have in common?

They both don't do their jobs properly when windows is open.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:42 pm

Further more Xbox sucks ass.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby OverlordBill » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Can we get an IP check on this Doovy character? He seems too stupid to be completely new.
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.
OverlordBill
S1 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:57 pm

I will take that as a compliment.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:42 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Impossible wrote:a couple of Wario Ware Touched microgames not working on grid DS screens...

My DS has the grid screen and all the Warioware games work fine, I don't know how the screen difference would effect how well the minigames work anyway.

Because Nintendo, while completely aware of the problem, thought they'd go on and release the US version with the problem as well just for the hell of it.

Apparently the grid screens are less sensitive or something, but in comparison to grainy screens the games look much smoother and better.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:15 pm

I've seen both and the grid screen is less sensitive, the it only doesn't register the touch if you touch the screen very lightly, which you wouldn't do in a game.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:28 pm

Doovy wrote:What do air conditioners an microsoft have in common?

They both don't do their jobs properly when windows is open.

Doovy wrote:Further more Xbox sucks ass.

Fucking fanboys....
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:34 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:I'm not gonna send in my power cord. That not only means I have to spend 4 days without X-box, it also means that I'm a total pussy. 14 people have suffered MINOR BURNS! OMG! WE NEED A COMPLETE RECALL! Fucking assholes.

You just order one. You don't even need to send it in. So if you wanna screw a friend over, write down their info and order it (its free) and then blackmail them for it.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:39 pm

Nintendo's gaming systems have had very little problems in comparison to XBox. They took a huge step with a portable touch system. Not to mention it was their first time in the field. I had to return a DS too, but I don't hold it against Nintendo, because they brought me Snes and Gamecube. N64 brought me good times as well, but overall wasn't as good as the other two.
Playstation I used to hate, just because everyone had one and I didn't. But now that I have my PS2, I like them as well. And if I had to speculate, the Dvd attachment thing that goes into the controller socket for Xbox doesn't really do anything. The dvd player is inside the Xbox, and they make you pay a bit extra to access it. Ps2 doesn't need that.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:47 pm

All of Nintendo's controllers fuck up after awhile though.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:48 pm

Excluding the handhelds they kick ass
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming