Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:29 am

Buy it! and Discuss... I guess.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:41 pm

It has an appeal to all groups. Bill will like it since you STAB people, I like the stealth, and everyone else will like it since they dont love the wang....except Excel, but he's always being ignored.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Excell » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:59 pm

Excell dumbass. Get it right! 8)
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:47 pm

I love stealth games because they tend to have that very rare ability of a game to simply put a smile on my face, which is usually reserved for truly awesome games (or humorous games like Wario Ware Touched and Mario & Luigi). Nothing's greater than the pure satisfaction of pulling off a successful maneuver against a bunch of enemies who would normally tear you apart.

I love playing Boktai, because I get to trick enemies in so many different ways, and lure them around the place, knocking on walls, making them smash into each other, and at some point blasting them in the back. In that game your rank is actually lowered if you ever get seen by an enemy, at least a few times anyway. Plus early on in the game when you have very few weapon types and they're all weak (they level up twice, but it takes ages), you can't beat anything head-on.

Ninja Five-0 also has stealth in it, but it's a platformer, and you're pretty much required to kill enemies. You can very rarely avoid attacks, so you have to use the environment to your advantage. And you get the most awesome grappling hook ever in any game, complete with Spiderman-style roof swinging and swinging up on to a platform and blasting your enemy in the face before they know what the fuck just happened, and enemies with various ways of attacking that need to be handled differently, which on top of that are virtually ALWAYS different because the gameplay so heavily involves the environment, and you have lots of run-on sentences, and NINJAS!!!

I might look into Splinter Cell, although I'd rather rent it first... Not that I'll ever find it anywhere. But at least I just plugged two awesome GBA games.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Return to Gaming