Kirby's Super Star

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Belthazar » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:11 pm

Marth and link you gotta love the sword. Roy is ok but i think he is overrated.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:39 am

. :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ... :shock: ............. :shock: ........................ :cry: Roy is overated?!?!?! :cry:

I do agree with the swords though. I just think Sword and capes are cool and the way to go..... which means my favorites are:

1) Roy (in the gold armour and red cape), he has a Sword with fire power and a cape, can you get any better? (P.S. It's a rhytorical question do not answer it because YOU CANNOT GET ANY BETTER!)

2) Marth (in either white or Black clothes), just as good as Roy minus the fire sword... plus he can be almost pure whit or black to suit your mood.

3) Link (Green is good), sword, bow and arrows, he'd be better with a cape but he still rules.

4) Young Link (Black or white), He's got shorter range and less power than big Link and even though he compensates for it by being a bit faster I still rather the big Link.

ROY RULES!!!!!
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:21 pm

I play as Roy sometimes, but he just seems so broken it takes all the challenge out of the game.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:59 pm

I prefer bowser myself... If used right he is a good character, But one miss and its game over.

And in Fire Emblem Roy is so weak its just sad. Each and every Pegasus knight is much stronger.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Jabbo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:52 pm

I don't really think any of the characters are that unbalanced... when I play Marth and my brother plays Roy, we generally split victories... but when he's playing as Samus he schools Marth. When I play Young Link or Mario I can usually beat Samus... and so on. I think it's more of an elaborate paper-rock-scissors type deal than a one character owns all.

Does anyone else here like pissing people off by playing with Jigglypuff?
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:36 pm

I want to get fire emblem. Is it any good?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:09 am

The GBA ones aren't half-bad. Quite a challenge really. No fucking RNG on your side to help you though. Everything is friggin preplanned. Which sucks if you lose a character.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:31 am

Teenr0cker wrote:The GBA ones aren't half-bad. Quite a challenge really. No fucking RNG on your side to help you though. Everything is friggin preplanned. Which sucks if you lose a character.

...What? Fire Emblem has a random number generator...

The FE games are pretty good if you like strategy-type stuff. They're definitely not easy by any scope of the imagination though. And if you don't want to lose the character who just died, you have to restart the entire level. So they're a challenge, but who likes strategy games that are easy?
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:01 am

Fire Emblem 7 (Just named Fire Emblem for the GBA) is good, Fire Emblem:The sacred stones, Is damn boring and far too easy, My Wyrven knight could take on whoule armies, And 4 of my characters killed the demon king before he had a chance to take another turn. And my Bishop slayed a Dragon Zombie with a single spell.I had to play on hard mode to get half the challenge fire emblem 7 offered, Also, Fire Emblem 7 is the prequel of Fire Emblem 6, If I am not mistaken, I have not played 6 yet as it is in Japanese and I have not found a good translation, Anyway, If you are planning to play Fire Emblem, Start with 7, Unless you are a wuss and like your games easy. I have not played the one for gamecube or the GBC, There are many more Fire emblem games but most of them are in Japanese.

And no, Everything is not preplanned, Its plans the results of each and every possible move you could make at the beginning of your turn, But, Say, attacking from different directions will most often have different results, This is why its lags for just a moment when its says "Player's Phase".

So, Get Fire Emblem 7, As its even has a character named Lyn... >_>

And has one of the most powerful characters ever, If trained, Hector is unbeatable.
Last edited by Sarcasm on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:32 am

You're confusing FE7 and FE8

FE7= Lyn, Hector, Eliwood
FE8= Ephraim, Eirika

FE7 and FE8 have no continuity at all. FE7 is the prequel to FE6. FE6 was never released outside of Japan. FE7 was released overseas and is simply known as "Fire Emblem". FE8 is completely separate from any other FE world.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:42 am

I stand corrected, I moved all the Fire Emblems forward by a mistake, 7 relating to 6. And 8 being the horribly easy one.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:12 am

.........So, uh... where do Roy and Marth fit in?..... ( <= notice that Roy is before Marth, it's because Roy is better 8) )
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:43 am

I am not sure... 6 if I am not mistaken... Roy is Eliwood's son...
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:19 pm

Roy in FE6. Marth is in FE1 and FE3, which are NES and SNES games respectively.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:15 pm

I cant wait for the gcn Fire Emblem, when is that coming out anyway? it seems to have been in development forever.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming