PS3 FFVII

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Takarious » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:51 am

I'm aware of what it's name is. However, before plans to release it to US, that was its intended handle. I just don't like the idea of calling it by its overseas name when I speak English. Makes me feel all fan-boyish...
Takarious
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:54 am

No. There was no "intended handle" for SD3. It would NOT have been released as that because the Mana games have never been numbered (Secret, Legend, Sword... Noticing a pattern here?). SoM2 is a fan-made name and it's NOT the name of the game. Especially if you consider the strong evidence that SD3 is a prequel to SoM... >_<
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:32 pm

old topic, but new news, heh.
Speaking in an interview with American magazine EGM, Final Fantasy director Yoshinori Kitase spoke out about a potential Final Fantasy VII remake, saying that if Square Enix were to seriously pursue such a project, it would require a staff of 300 and take 5 years. Nomura commented as well, stating that even if the team were to come together to produce a new version of the game, the various members are currently too caught up in their own projects to be able to reserve any time for it. EGM speculated that the possibility of a FF7 remake lies out of reach as long as the next PS3 game to be created is Final Fantasy XIII.
in order to assess the reality of life, it is necessary at least once to die
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:44 pm

A staff of 300 taking 5 years? Wow, now doesn't that scream bullshit. I doubt FFVII took even half that many people to make in the first place.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Daedalus » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Most programming teams, as far as I know, are less than 20.
Daedalus-he who sees by fire.
And so one day I will be gone, and all that will remain will be my love.
Daedalus
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:17 pm

A staff of 300 would take 5 years. Between all the miscoordination and the meetings where they couldn't decide on anything, it'd take them years to get anything done.

"You draw the character's eyes, I'll take the hair, Bob can do the limbs, Jim can do the thumbs, Sal can do the other fingers, we'll call on the divine intervention of Jesus for the torso. We should be able to get it all done in one day, and then we can spend a few weeks trying to put it all together."
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:06 am

Daedalus wrote:Most programming teams, as far as I know, are less than 20.

Exactly. Big games like RPGs can have a bigger staff, but nothing that ridiculously huge.

And if Sal did the fingers for FFVII, I would think she was already fired.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Zero_X » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:16 pm

Surely it wouldn't take 5 years, they have the models from advent children, they have the storyline, they have a entire game to copy. It that isn't enough to start on work on a remake what is?
They can trigger me, but their never figuer me out
Zero_X
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:53 pm

They wouldn't use the Cloud or Tifa models from Advent Children. They need to keep Cloud's retarded hair, and Tifa's hair is changed altogether in the movie.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Gaming