PS3 FFVII

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Squish » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:26 am

Yes you are.
:lol:
Click on my link! You won't, you're scared aren't you? Come on...I DARE you.
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=23a738my
Squish
S1 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:53 am

Urm... I went even further back then. I found some FFVII save file hacking utility that allowed me to set my materia, current area (even coordinates), items, ...

I tried giving myself all of the materia that was unfinished (and you'd be surprised what's in there, like the practically finished Boost materia and a couple demonic summons).

I tried every possible area (there was one that I had never seen in the game, but it turned out to be a very very very zoomed in view of the Key of the Ancients in the City of the Ancients).

I tried putting Aeris in my party several times throughout the game after she died, but every time a cut scene would commence the game would freeze (except once, but I guess the third character just spoke a general line instead of a character specific line).

I tried giving myself enough of those 1/35 (?) soldiers, a super sweeper, sephiroth's sword, ... And did whatever the rumours told me to do but no luck.

I even went with the idea of "The general" to revive Aeris. I was so convinced that it used to be possible but was taken out that I tried out the entire rumour line. You have to admit that it's still strange Aeris' character model appears in the church when you go back to it before you should. When you get to a certain point in the church she flickers and disappears. If you talk to the little children in the chruch they will say something about her not really being gone. What I think this means is that Square thought about having Cloud meet her once again (NOT REVIVE) inside the church to have a final conversation but it was cut out (we all know FFVII was unfinished, just think about Yuffie and Vincent missing in the ending).

I don't feel emberassed at all to have tried all this. In fact, I've never been as dedicated as I was back then. Even though I know realize I was on a wild goose chase, it doesn't matter. I had a great time doing it and I still feel urges to play FFVII (I've finished it 4 times now).

A PS3 remake would make me unimaginably happy (if they do it right).
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Squish » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:26 am

I think what you have done is dedication to the art that is FFVII.
Reading this has inspired me to brush the dust off my old FFVII disc and whip out the old PSX. Thanks Kyle... :D
Click on my link! You won't, you're scared aren't you? Come on...I DARE you.
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=23a738my
Squish
S1 Hilyn

Postby Shade » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:53 pm

THERE'S DUST ON YOUR FF7???!!!...mine's framed.
Shade
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Lord_Ehrgeiz wrote:unfuckinbelivable! what do you mean: "can't find it"? even smallest disc shop in Ukraine have it for sale!

Sorry, let me rephase that. I dont own a Playstation, and I can't find a ROM of it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:43 pm

There was a pc version of it... i have it, thought the third disc got scratched :(
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:20 am

Ebay is your friend Sage.

Impossible is too much a realist to allow himself to believe Final Fantasy 7 is stupid. I just he's not that shallow to be against it simply for graphics. The storyline of the game is utterly fantastic.

But enough of my point of view, the fact that FF7 is only a techincal demo on PS3 is a shame. I think Square-Enix don't understand the amount of sales they would accumulate from simply making a remake.

Btw, when Cloud jumped of the train, he wasn't serious about the job, he was gonna chop some soldiers :P
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:05 pm

Sephiroth555 wrote:The storyline of the game is utterly fantastic.

Yes, now if only the translation/localization wasn't so poor.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:58 pm

I just he's not that shallow to be against it simply for graphics.

You're right, I'm not (although I do like characters with fingers).

The storyline of the game is utterly fantastic.

So? Does that mean I have to like it? I mean, we all know the only two aspects that can make a game worth buying are story and graphics... There's definitely nothing else that could make the game, oh... fun?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Daedalus » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:03 pm

I remember first starting the game, and looked at Cloud's materia.
"These Espers are kinda weird..."
Daedalus-he who sees by fire.
And so one day I will be gone, and all that will remain will be my love.
Daedalus
Plyn

Postby Takarious » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:00 pm

FF7 sucked ass compared to Secret of Mana 2 (game was awesome despite the poor 3rd party translation) and Suikoden 2. Although for the shit churned out by Square-Enix today, I guess it's pretty good.
Takarious
S3 Hilyn

Postby Shade » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:15 pm

I'm sorry but FF7 and sucked ass are never to be used in the same sentence. Exception: All games suck ass compared to FF7.
Shade
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:44 pm

So the sentence "FF7 doesn't suck ass" isn't true?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Exiled » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:40 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:So the sentence "FF7 doesn't suck ass" isn't true?

pwn'd
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm

Takarious wrote:FF7 sucked ass compared to Secret of Mana 2 (game was awesome despite the poor 3rd party translation)

SECRET FO MNANA 2 ISNT A GAEM U DUMDUM FAGGOT!11!!ELEVENTEEN!11!

Seiken Densetsu 3, however, makes FF7 look as shit as infinity makes bigness itself look really titchy.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming