Twilight Princess

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:32 am

It had a story?

Oh, SUPER mario. The orig was just like

A: Dude, what the fuck?
B: You're a....plumber, I think?
A: Alright! Appealing to the working Class!
B: So, I think Shrooms are bad
A: Subliminal messages!
B: So are lizards...
A: Racists! All Right! Lemme jump on em and shit!!!

And since when did flowers change your color palette and allow you to hurl fire at your enemies? Me with flower just gets my ass kicked sooner. Oh, and if I were crazy, I would say something about the fact that Nintendo encourages Wealth and that it leads to a longer lifespan (100 Coins = 1 UP!!!OMG) and they also encouraged eating mushrooms....Pure Gold. Nintendo Shits pure Gold like The hobo who gives out reality TV show ideas to the TV Stations does on your shoe....

Yup.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:30 pm

You realize that Super Mario Bros came out as one of the first games where you actually try to accomplish something other than getting a ball past a stick by using your stick, right? (pong)

Not to mention they soon after came out with Zelda. Save a princess, defeat Ganon. Only problem- They liked that idea so much, they stuck with it. For about 10 years? Maybe more.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:29 pm

Glenn47 wrote:You realize that Super Mario Bros came out as one of the first games where you use your stick to save a princess for 10 years

Thats what I read it as. Is that wrong? Can one keep one's stick in a rod form for 10 years?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:38 pm

Thats what I read it as. Is that wrong?

Not at all, not at all.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:26 am

I think it is about time for a game of telephone.

Glenn47 wrote:You realize that Mario Bros came out as one of the first games where you put your stick in a princess for 10 years
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:45 am

Glenn47 wrote:With your own real eyes, you did see that Mario's Blowjob came out as one of the first gays where you put your stick in for a price of 10 yen

Thats like...a cent....
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Aegis » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:33 pm

Oh, yeah, Nintendo games have no story at all. They only had the first six games in a certain series .
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:33 am

Twilight Princess looks pretty good, story-wise. With each Zelda game (MM, WW) the story has been getting deeper and more advanced, and TP will probably excel a mile above the rest at this rate.

Of course, we all know that gameplay is FAR more important than story in ANY game. Except maybe The Way, but FF isn't novel-worthy.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:37 am

I still think if there was a version of The Way with Wind Waker graphics/gameplay, I would be entertained for quite a while. Come on, fighting endless hordes of cel-shaded blood lyn, that'd be freakin' awesome.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:08 am

It would be beyond awesome... I would play it for years... I love 'The Way' and it is currently my undoubted favorite game (well game series)... but with those graphics it's hard to do the bosses justice.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:56 am

I love link's new style. He just looks cooler to me
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:39 am

He looked strange..... I liked the fighting style in WW but I think Link looked better in OoT... Elfish but also humanish and more like a teenager than an 8 year old.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:33 pm

Famous_Last_Words wrote:He looked strange..... I liked the fighting style in WW but I think Link looked better in OoT... Elfish but also humanish and more like a teenager than an 8 year old.

Erm, Link in WW was older than Young Link in OoT.

People like to forget that the GCN is a considerably better and more powerful system than the N64, and is capable of infinitely better things, and that ultimately WW wipes the floor with most N64 games graphically.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:02 pm

Gasp! Cell Shading! Herecy!!!

Yeah, I loved the WW graphics and effects and details. And they did a good job of reinacting that on a smaller scale for Minnish Cap and the Four Swords Adventures games.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:34 pm

Impossible wrote:Erm, Link in WW was older than Young Link in OoT.

Really? I didn't think so... well I guess the ...umm... interesting way the people looked in WW contributed to my confusion. But I do prefer it when Link looks more humanish (they look human in WW but they're heads are wide and huge, and their bodies are out of porportion... you can see it) and if he looked more teenagerish.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Previous

Return to Gaming