12%
ff10
6%
ff10-2
No votes

Total votes : 33

Favorite FF/FF character

Postby Forerunner » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:06 am

This is one of the biggest gaming debates I've ever come across and I don't doubt that there will be much diversity in this forum...
The question is which was your favorite final fantasy (not including crystal chronicals or the like and not ff11, the ff movie) from ff 1 to 10-2.
I'd also like to give Kingdom Hearts a mention, as it isn't a final fantasy but it has some of the charaters in it, and it's a pretty good game...

... and if you want then who is your favorite ff character of all time as well?

ok, too many poll options so I cut out from ff1 to 5, if you really like one of them then just say so
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Jabbo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:05 am

FF2 is hands-down the best FF game I've ever played.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Re: Favorite FF/FF character

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:30 pm

Famous_Last_Words wrote:ok, too many poll options so I cut out from ff1 to 5, if you really like one of them then just say so

Wait, why would you do that, when you could cut out from ff8 to ff10-2?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Okay, they all suck. The end.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:05 pm

Definatly Final Fantasy Tactics. Granted I've only played that, FFTA, and Cristal Cronicals.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:21 pm

FF6 by far. And what dunce voted for FF8?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Re: Favorite FF/FF character

Postby CJ » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:32 pm

Famous_Last_Words wrote:This is one of the biggest gaming debates I've ever come across and I don't doubt that there will be much diversity in this forum...
The question is which was your favorite final fantasy (not including crystal chronicals or the like and not ff11, the ff movie) from ff 1 to 10-2.
I'd also like to give Kingdom Hearts a mention, as it isn't a final fantasy but it has some of the charaters in it, and it's a pretty good game...

... and if you want then who is your favorite ff character of all time as well?

ok, too many poll options so I cut out from ff1 to 5, if you really like one of them then just say so

You should of added Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross because as everyone knows THEY ARE THE BEST EVER!!! :D :D

Although not many people like Chrono Cross that much. I wonder why that is?

Out of the Final Fantasies. Final Fantasy VII would be the best.

Why?
> Kickass story
> Kickass characters
> It's a Huge game, I'm still playing it after 5 years of buying it.
But don't say that I suck. Because I HAVE finished it. I just play it for the hell of it.
> It had good graphics for it's time.
> Sound is good too :)

But you know what is really weird?

its the small differences.

take the PC version for instance.

the graphics are much smoother than the PS version but the sound is in MIDI format and doesn't sound as good as it does in the PS version.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:52 pm

Impossible wrote:Okay, they all suck. The end.

WOW IMPOSSIBLE. WE DID KNOW THAT WAS YOUR OPINION OF FINAL FANTASY. MAYBE IT COULD BE THAT YOU MAKE THAT COMMENT EVERY SINGLE TIME FINAL FANTASY IS BROUGHT UP.

Alright, on topic. I'd have to say FF6. It's the one I was brought up playing, so maybe I just have a natural affinity for it, but playing the others, I still think it's a notch above the rest.

...and I do have the PC version of FF7. The MIDI is really disappointing, and there are quite a few game-crashing bugs, but otherwise it's a perfect port.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:15 am

Why?
> Kickass story
> Kickass characters
But don't say that I suck. Because I HAVE finished it. I just play it for the hell of it.
> Sound is good too Smile

What, no kickass gameplay? :?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:56 am

From what I've heard and the results so far, ff7 is the best as in storyline and overall. and generally people always seem to say ff7 is the best.
I'm the moron who voted for ff8 but before you beat me mercilessly, consider this:
1) I havnt played ff7, and I thought ff9 was too animated
2) Squall is my favorite character and out of all the characters I've seen his personality is the one that matches me the most.
3) I rule at ff8.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:00 am

.. and can anyone verify that in ff8 if you have the all materials to upgrade a weapon, you DON'T need the magazine which tells you which materials you need in order to upgrade your weapon! Because CJ doesn't believe that I got the Lionheart on the first disk.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:13 am

So you played the lesser of ff7-9 and love it?

Interesting...
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Inderos » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:50 am

Impossible wrote:
Why?
> Kickass story
> Kickass characters
> Sound is good too Smile

What, no kickass gameplay? :?

Don't give me that shit. Do people have fun while playing it? Yes. Why? Because it has an amazing story and cast of characters. There is nothing wrong with the plot carrying the game. You play the Way, don't you?
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:50 am

Final Fantasy 8 had some major problem that i couldnt stand. After you get Lionheart, everything else is useless. Really why wouldnt you just use aura to let you use your limit break and then just BAM LIONHEART 200 000 damage? It makes evrything stupid. It goes for limit break limits
199980 :shock:
Where is the fun in that? It should at least be like
20 hits of 9999 making 199980

Um another thing was how slow garden was, And when you had to find the white seed ship, it made me want to ounch my ps and take my Katana and stuff it in my tv...... :P
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:23 am

Telephalsion wrote:So you played the lesser of ff7-9 and love it?

Interesting...

well in order... I played; ff9 then ff8 then ff4 and ff5 similtaniously, then ff6, then ff10 and I've played a bit of ff10-2 but I just don't like it.

ff9 was too animated, but it was good, I think Vivi is my second favorite person (well.. thing) and I liked using 4 characters in battle. ff4 and 5 where too dogey, and I know thats no reason to not like a game if it has a good storyline, but I just didnt like them that much, too simple. FF 10 was good but I really think that their 'overdrive' abilities could have been a bit more impressive, ff10-2 was just too... well... *shrug*.
ff8 is pretty bad as in storyline, but it is the only one that I absolutle axed at, in fact, if you train up to around lvl 75 before you leave for deling city, the rest of the game is no challenge.

well, I change my mind... ff9 would be my fave (I like the idea of you know... changing, going 'Super Saiyan' if you will) but trance takes to long to achieve.... cant wait to get ff7... in Kingdom Hearts Cloud is quite kick ass and cool.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming