ff9
12%
ff10
6%
ff10-2
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby Burning_Flame » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:48 pm

I liked FF8.... I dunno why, I just had fun playing it....but I can have fun playing almost any game. But the plot was ok. And it had tons of cool stuff.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 am

Ahh haaaa... another who is enlightened!
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:22 pm

But it was the only recent one I've played asides 10. And I say all the originals were the best
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:43 pm

Anybody would think 8 was good if they played it close to 10.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:45 pm

I havent been able to find 7 0r 9 anywhere and that makes me sad
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:15 pm

i liked 9 a lot.
I think Freya is under rated
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:46 pm

I need a idea for my new gaming needs. Everything I own I have eather beat or its just not worth my time to do it. So any ideas for a good game to play that is easy to find?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby RentACop » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:50 pm

What are you looking for? Like, a console rpg, a pc rpg, western style, eastern style, not an rpg at all, etc.

Anyway, for anyone who's beaten 9, what was the deal with the final boss? Was he like, referenced beforehand or did he just appear out of nowhere, which was the impression that I got. God I hated that game.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah I thought that was kinda absolutely fucking random as well. I mean you spend half the game hating Queen Brahne, then she dies and you have to hate Kuja, then right before the final battle he turns out not to be the final boss and you have to fight some 0-dimension weird Fucker.
But I still liked it, it had awesome characters... I think that filmclip after you beat Necron where Zidane is jumping around on the vines going after Kuja is the best so far.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:06 pm

it had awesome characters

0_o?? Are you shure about "awesome" part?? There was a monkey, a rat, big frog-eating ... um... thing, fuckin' stupid knight, little girl with horn, a puppet, red-headed idiot (why he was in your party??) and horny-lookin' princess.
in order to assess the reality of life, it is necessary at least once to die
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:27 am

Well if you put it like THAT and you completely disregard the story, then yeah it's junky.
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:27 pm

storylines and fighting stlyes are the most important things in my book.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Ruehka » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:13 pm

I think the best was FF7, that is only my opinion, but still... Anyway, to the ones that said it sucked or that they were all bad, here is what I have to say, 1. you probly havn't played any. 2.Don't go saying this one sucked, and this one didn't, they are all okay. (except 8, but thats because I still have nightmares about it) And what I mean by okay is that they were all playable, i.e. worth the 40 to 50 dollars you spent on them... if you say you didn't like the game and you bought it, and played it, then its your fault you wasted money. BTW, I'm new to the forums, cuz I like the way, that's how I came here. Good to be here!
:D
Ruehka
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:17 pm

Alright I know this is offtopic, But where is the Rosetta Stone in Final Fantasy 1, if anybody can remember.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Querente » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:14 pm

Of FF games, I like FF7 most since it iss good in many area's . After that comes FF6 ,and then FF4.

FF7 had a cool story, because the main character was f#cked up. Pretty impressive to let the main character beat up one of your other characters :). It had also one of the most innovative systems regarding materia. (which TheWay notching system seems to be a bit like it, but sadly enough without the tactics/strategic descisions).

FF8 had some nice characters (Squall and Quistis for me), but the story was..hmm..lacking. It wasn't coherrent (sp?).

FF6 had a great story, but it had too many characters ,so there was not character depth as it could have been. In other ways, it was pretty perfect for a SNES game.

FF9 is nice, but I didnt like the skill-system much, neither did I like the characters much. I couldnt become attached to a monkey or a rat. And dont even mention that Q-thing.

FF4 was great. It had a classic story, although the characters werent as deep, but this is an old and relative small game (10-15 hours). It greatest strength is, that it didnt bore me as their was always "story" happening. (prolly because it was only 10-15 hours for a game).

Ofcourse, another of the best games from Squaresoft was not one final fantasy, but Xenogears. It had one of the best stories and like FF7 a f#cked up main character (Fei <-> Id ). Although I didnt care much about disc2 or the robot battles however. The problem of this game was that it just take too long ,so it got boring in some places.

Well, Chronotrigger was pretty good ofcourse and Chronocross was nice, but had little depth.

For me, story and characters are the main points. I do not care much about levelling up. I just level up as I go through the story. Ofcourse, if I do have to do battle, I would like to have some spiffy-looking skills and attacks :)
Querente
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming