ff9
12%
ff10
6%
ff10-2
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby Forerunner » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:41 pm

wOOt. I got Vincents lvl4 overdrive... and this weird looking gun for him that has lots of materia slots but no growth. Thats shit. The 'Death Penalty'... and I'm guessing that this huges machine-looking thing swimming around Junon is one of the weapons?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:32 pm

I'm guessing that this huges machine-looking thing swimming around Junon is one of the weapons?

You bet! :D Try to beat it without Final Atack+Phoenix and KOTR. :D :D :D
in order to assess the reality of life, it is necessary at least once to die
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:33 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:Vincent has a weapon with 255 accuracy. Meaning with Death Blow it doesn't miss. He is the best. Ever. I prefer him to Cloud.

That can easily be solved, just go tho the Gelenkia plane and morph heaps of sources (I don't know what the accuracy one is called).

Well, if there is no source that raises accuracy, then don't bother.

and plus, there is no way that Vincent can dish out the same amount of damage than Cloud, after all, he does have Omnislash.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:46 pm

CJ wrote: the Gelenkia plane

wasn't it Gelnika plane??
Meaning with Death Blow it doesn't miss

and who needs Death Blow, when you have 4x cut, Slash all (or Mega all) and KOTR?? Death Blow sucks along with Vincent as a fighter! As character he not so bad i suposse...
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:02 pm

Yes it is Gelnika, my mistake but it has been 4 years since i have actually bothered to play it properly. I always restart the game, but when i get halfway through disc 1, I get sidetracked with other games, then to free space on my memory cards, I delete most of my game saves.

I have noticed that the PC version censors out all of the swearing (the word "fuck"etc. was already replaced with %#$@, shit was still there but it was censord in the PC version). I also noticed that the PC version was harder than the PS version, for some stupid reason. (it is an easy game, but still, i noticed a difference in difficulty).

Also, MY STUPID FUCKING Geforce 4 Ti 4800 doesn't work properly, the dialogue is all fucked up. and when i put it in software mode, it looks like shit.

So does anyone know a way to get it to work properly?

Lord_Ehrgeiz wrote:
I'm guessing that this huges machine-looking thing swimming around Junon is one of the weapons?

You bet! :D Try to beat it without Final Atack+Phoenix and KOTR. :D :D :D

You also forgot, to mention the "Underwater" materia. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL THE BASTARD IN UNDER 20 MINUTES.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 am

pfft. CJ you said Sephiroth would be hard to beat. He was a pushover piece of shit and that attack he used took waaaaayyyyyyyyyy too long for me to be bothered going back and whooping him a second time.

...and another thing, If I have double-cut equipped and Slash-all equiped then slash-all cancels out the effect of double-cut. Is there any way to change that?
...And when Cloud counter attacks, even though he has double-cut materia equipped he only does one hit. Can I change that too?
...Now I have to get Omnislash, Tifa's best weapon (Don't tell me you bitch) and get stronger so that I can beat Ruby and Emerald weapon, who utterly decimated me, unlike Ultima weapon who kept fleeing like a bitch until I tracked him down and destroyed his ass and then got into the Ancient Forest which is a slightly weird but easily completed place.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Forerunner wrote:pfft. CJ you said Sephiroth would be hard to beat. He was a pushover piece of shit and that attack he used took waaaaayyyyyyyyyy too long for me to be bothered going back and whooping him a second time.

...and another thing, If I have double-cut equipped and Slash-all equiped then slash-all cancels out the effect of double-cut. Is there any way to change that?
...And when Cloud counter attacks, even though he has double-cut materia equipped he only does one hit. Can I change that too?
...Now I have to get Omnislash, Tifa's best weapon (Don't tell me you bitch) and get stronger so that I can beat Ruby and Emerald weapon, who utterly decimated me, unlike Ultima weapon who kept fleeing like a bitch until I tracked him down and destroyed his ass and then got into the Ancient Forest which is a slightly weird but easily completed place.

I never said he was hard.
I just said he was a lot harder when you are level 91 or higher.

Of course with reverse Sephiroth, all you need is one KOTR and one Omnislash, and with the other one you, well, just cast de-barrier on the bastard and KOTR his ass.

Now Forerunner guess what?

It is gonna take you months and months to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon without a walkthrough or a strategy guide.

And have you even got all the cool materia?
have you even got a Gold Chocobo? if you don't then you can't get KOTR which you cannot kill Ruby and Emerald weapon without.

I don't know if this is a spoiler but I don't want to take any chances so....

SPOILER ALERT wrote:Just for your information, in the north crater there is this place where you fight Magic Pots and these wierd bouncing balls. That is the best place to train up your characters, also, make sure you equip Apocolypse to level up your materia because the Ultima Weapon's growth is "Nothing" and does jack shit to your materia.

OK now for a cheat alert (Tee hee this is fun).

CHEAT ALERT wrote:With the magic pots you need a lot of Elixirs, and if you do not have many, you can use a cheat to get as many of the items as you like (providing you have at least one of the items in the first place. And also, this cheat does not work with Items that cannot be used in battle). Ok you will need the "W-Item" materia, Which you can only get in "disc 2". ok equip it to someone and go into battle. go to "Items"(which will now be called "W-Item") and just press "O" on any item twice. Now it will let you chose another item, so press "O" ONCE on the item you want to duplicate and then press "X", you will see that the item count has gone up by one, Keep on pressing "O" "X" in that order to get 99, or however many you need.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:54 pm

My cousin is either a lying son-of-a-bitch or a fucking dumbass. He said that the sword Cloud has in KH is his Ultimate weapon in FFVII, but Ultima weapon looks nothing like the sword Cloud has in KH.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:59 pm

the sword in KH is just the Buster Sword with a big strap wraped around it
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:18 pm

CJ wrote:You also forgot, to mention the "Underwater" materia. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL THE BASTARD IN UNDER 20 MINUTES.

heh, first time i beat it i have no idea where to get that stupid underwater! When Cloud and co started to do their victory pose, timer was goin' 7...6....5.... I've pressed "O" so many times that it was miracle it didn't crushed.
-------------------

you can! put Counter (not Counter attack!!) + Mime... Heheheheh.... "Omnislash", and then "Mime" it so many times, as you like!
-------------------

or "double cut"(4x cut) or "slash all"(i keep thinkin' that Mega all is better!).
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:40 am

I've gotten a black chocobo. And I think I know how to get a Gold Chocobo. So far I've figure out that you need to win races with chocobos to get them up to better classes, and If you try to catch chocobos in harder areas then you get a better quality chocobo.
i.e. I bred a chocobo with a chocobo using a crappy nut and got a chocobo (wow didnt see that coming). Then I bred a chocobo with a chocobo after I'd raced with them up to A class, and used a rare nut and I got a blue chocobo. Then I raced a bit more, got some more of those rare nuts and kept breeding them until I got a green chocobo and then I raced with the green and Blue chocobo until they were 'S' class and then I bred them and got my black chocobo. I think maybe you need to breed either the Black chocobo with another black chocobo in S class, or maybe with a really high quality normal chocobo. I'm pretty sure I got a chocobo that that guy said was wonderful but I got rid of it, I just have to remember where I caught that one. But until then I'll keep breeding my Black Chocobo with Blue, Green and other normal ones... I couldnt be bothered breeding another black chocobo right now.

...Oh and from what you've said about this 'KotR', I'm pretty sure it's the most powerful spell or summon and I've only found 2 places so far that only a gold chocobo can get to, so it must be on one of those caves. Thanks for the spoilers, morons.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Re: Favorite FF/FF character

Postby Sephiroth555 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:47 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Famous_Last_Words wrote:ok, too many poll options so I cut out from ff1 to 5, if you really like one of them then just say so

Wait, why would you do that, when you could cut out from ff8 to ff10-2?

I liked ff9 + 10, 8 and X-2 are expendable...

Favourites are 4, 6 and 7 but more above anything, FF7.
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:05 am

Woah, it's been yonks since you last posted.

Welcome Back.

Square-Enix is focusing too much on the graphics now and not as much on the storyline. I hope that FFXII is good.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:53 am

And here comes Impossible to say "I told you so!" and bitch about how xbox is exactly the same.

But yeah I've said it myself. Nowdays it seems that as graphics go up, storyline goes down.

...oh and FF7, 8 and 9 are my favorites. FF7 is just the undoubted best, FF8 is pretty much shit when it comes to everything but I luv it anyway, and ff9 had awesome characters and a good ability/weapon system (and trance actually changed their appearance, that doesnt happen in any of the others).
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:59 am

Square-Enix is focusing too much on the graphics now and not as much on the storyline. I hope that FFXII is good.

Didn't they say they were making the graphics of FFXII not as good as in FFX, so that they could spend more time making the game longer and better? And didn't FFVII have such butt-ugly graphics that the characters didn't even have fingers? S-E have never been graphic whores. >_< But they never exactly cared about gameplay, either, outside of the Mana series and SMRPG.

In fact, I would correct the above comment above and say that nowadays as story goes up, gameplay goes down. The only game story even worth speaking of in comparison to a book is The Way. All the others need gameplay to back them up (although The Way's aura, notch and XL systems are innovative and enjoyable in their own right). Alternatively, they don't need gameplay (see: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Final Fantasy Unlimited), they just need to get rid of the boring as hell battle system.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming