38%
Ayla
6%
Magus
19%

Total votes : 16

Favorite Chrono Trigger Character

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:40 am

Ok It seems that there are people on the board that hate Final Fantasy.
But I know that EVERYONE loves Chrono Trigger, I mean who wouldn't it's simply the best. So who's your favorite character?

And for those who have never played Chrono Trigger.
You do not know what you are missing out on. If you like RPGs you will absolutly love Chrono Trigger. It's the best, so just download it and play it.

I chose Magus because he was evil and cool and stuff.

Crono didn't even have his own personality and didn't speak at all.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:48 am

Uhh...did you misspell...Chrono???
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:06 am

I beleive that I did NOT misspell Chrono.

The main character's name in Chrono Trigger is "Crono" not "Chrono". :roll:

However I did misspell "absolutely". :(

Sorry for the confusion and my lack of grammatical skills.

(What am I talking about? My grammatical skills are excellent.
It's just my shitty punctuation). :D
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:24 am

Definately the frog, cause i recall him being named nothingless than GLENN!
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:45 am

Teen, you (pleasantly mistaken person), the main character's name is Crono. Next you'll be saying that Chrno Crusade is called Chrono Crusade. I mean, who the hell would make that mistake?

Frog not only owns my soul, but his name is indeed Glenn.

Whenever it's been too long for me to remember exact details about characters in CT, I just base my opinion on them on their theme song. In other words, Crono and Frog/Glenn are the best, followed by Robo, then Magus and Ayla and Lucca, then Marle who's really just shit. I think it's really saying something that Marle's theme is one of the only bad songs in the entire game.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:25 am

I definatly going to have to go with Crono. Frong would be wy second choice though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:10 pm

Frog, by far.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:54 pm

Glenn is bestest coz his talkin' style was awsome.
in order to assess the reality of life, it is necessary at least once to die
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:52 pm

Well, Frog is technically where I got my name, so....

Crono.
When I wanted to choose my online alias, I thought "Okay, I want a simple name." followed by "God Chrono Trigger kicks ass." So I was thinking about what name I would go with from Chrono Trigger.

Naming yourself Crono on an online forum is a sign of idiocy, since EVERYONE will know you're a pussy fan-boy.

Magus. How original. People would think I want magical powers (obsessively spellcasting in a mirror), read mangas, and take 1337-speak seriously.

Robo. God I hate him. I'm not a fan of futuristic settings, and robots bore me. I almost didn't get through the first half-hour of FF7 because of this.

Marle/Lucca/Ayla. No.

Glenn. Hmmm....it's not the character's main-name, since Frog is what most people know him as for the first half of the game. Everyone will get the reference, but I wouldn't be a lame fan-boy, since Glenn isn't even my favorite character.

PERFECT!

But I still prefer Crono. Smaller swords, lightning element (my favorite back then), he kicks ass.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Iteroth » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:14 pm

Johnny, the robot-wheelie dude. 8)
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Re: Favorite Chrono Trigger Character

Postby HolsteinCow » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:41 pm

CJ wrote:But I know that EVERYONE loves Chrono Trigger, I mean who wouldn't it's simply the best.

Wow, I guess you're both egotistical AND a dumbass.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:10 pm

Glenn, Only for the fact I loved his theme music....... >_>
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Re: Favorite Chrono Trigger Character

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:37 am

CJ wrote:But I know that EVERYONE loves Chrono Trigger, I mean who wouldn't it's simply the best. So who's your favorite character?

And for those who have never played Chrono Trigger.
You do not know what you are missing out on. If you like RPGs you will absolutly love Chrono Trigger. It's the best, so just download it and play it.

first of all.... what is Chrono Trigger? I figure its a game and an RPG.... but about what?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:40 am

What begins as a carefree day at the Millennial Fair for a young man named Chrono turns into his ultimate adventure. When Chrono meets a young girl named Marle, little does he realize that this young girl, his best friend Lucca's invention, and a mysterious pendant will thrust him into the ultimate trip through time and space, encountering new friends, defeating the forces of evil, and encountering the one who would destroy the flow of time: Lavos.

It's up to Chrono and his friends to defeat this evil force before the flow of time is stopped and the world ends!

Yeah, you jump to different time eras and solve problems. You kill lavos eventually...But there are like 16 endings you can get, and you can replay it over and over, and at one point, you can kill him at the very beginning of your restart (you keep your stats I think)
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:52 am

FLW, you're partially forgiven for the terrible, terrible sin of not having played CT because it was never released here. But Jesus, that's no excuse not to have gotten a ROM by now.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming