Which game to play?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Forerunner » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:40 pm

Ok, which game to play? Right now I'm playing Sudeki again, because it's pretty fun, if a little too easy. The stupidest part about it is that you never really have to force yourself to train and get stronger in order to do better.
It's like most Final Fantasies, You don't ever have to stop and train in order to kick ass, it's just too easy.
The Way is different because if you want to be able to beat Strata and other people in Plunges then you need to fight everything possible to increase your plunge stats and advance your auras.
Most other games just arn't stimulating enough to make you think "Ok, I'm gonna fight as much as possible to achieve 100%", they're only fun until you finish the game and then you don't really care.
Fable was another like The Way, and Morrowind is sort of like it, but there are so many ways to cheat that nobody cares anymore.

The Way really is a masterpiece.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:11 pm

Star Ocean TtEoT - I can say for certain that it has a good battle system. Although the plot depends a LOT on the player. Certain plot twists, simply put, turn some people off.

Xenosaga series - Hm...are you planning to buy the first episode (meaning that you are new to the series) or are you planning to buy the second episode (meaning that you liked the first one and you want more)?

If the former: All I can say is that the game is focused a lot on movie sequences. If you have a lot patience, then go ahead and play. The battle system is interesting enough at least.

If the latter: Considering that I WASN'T a fan of the first, I can't say much about it. I have heard from many that it was inferior to the first, though.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:00 am

Otaku No Anime wrote:Star Ocean TtEoT - I can say for certain that it has a good battle system. Although the plot depends a LOT on the player. Certain plot twists, simply put, turn some people off.

Xenosaga series - Hm...are you planning to buy the first episode (meaning that you are new to the series) or are you planning to buy the second episode (meaning that you liked the first one and you want more)?

If the former: All I can say is that the game is focused a lot on movie sequences. If you have a lot patience, then go ahead and play. The battle system is interesting enough at least.

If the latter: Considering that I WASN'T a fan of the first, I can't say much about it. I have heard from many that it was inferior to the first, though.

Speaking of Star Ocean, I just finished the first one a few days ago, Hooray for me.

Star Ocean is my second favorite RPG series and I recommend it to you all. The skill system kicks major ass. It's pretty cool because you can make and modify your own items using skills that you learn using SP.
And with Star Ocean 2, if at least three of your party members are proficient in certain skills, you get SUPER DOOPER skills where all your characters chip in to make UBER SHLOOBER items.
(Sorry I can't control myself I'm so excited).
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:56 am

Oh, what would be better to get on xbox (yes I said xbox, not pc): Battlefield 2 or Star Wars Battlefront 2?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:17 pm

I'm playing Seiken Densetsu 3. Currently at Shadow God Beasts layer.

Party:

Hawkeye - Lv 45 Rogue
Lise - Lv 44 Dragon Master
Angela - Lv 43 Rune Master

My party is so powerful it's just darn silly.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Previous

Return to Gaming