Which game to play?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Forerunner » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:40 pm

I really, really wanna get KH2 and Fable:LC, however I still think that the finalfantasys are slowly and steadily getting worse and worse and FF12 won't be any exeption.

I also want to get Twilight Princess when it comes out, but my brother wants to get that new pokemon one on gamecube... so it comes down to whether or not the rest of the kids in my family side with Zelda or Pokemon.
:cry: looks like a while b4 I get TP.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:10 pm

Twilight Princess wont be out for months, I dont see your problem.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:18 pm

The problem is that I am currently unemployed and don't get pocketmoney, so I can't buy it when it comes out. And my dad makes a habit of only buying like 1 video game a year (excluding birthdays etc.).
Which means that if my brother convinces him to get the new pokemon game then I won't be able to get TP until like 2007.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:11 am

I really, really wanna get KH2 and Fable:LC, however I still think that the finalfantasys are slowly and steadily getting worse and worse and FF12 won't be any exeption.

Actually, Final Fantasy XII looks like the best Final Fantasy game ever, several times over. New battle system = win. But then, it IS Square-Enix, so if anyone can screw it up, they can.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:53 pm

Impossible wrote:

Actually, Final Fantasy XII looks like the best Final Fantasy game ever, several times over. New battle system = win. But then, it IS Square-Enix, so if anyone can screw it up, they can.

Squaresoft made some good games, but those fuckers from enix had to join up and fuck everything up, A good example: FFX, it could have been good with a bit more work, but the had to release the gay ass game.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:26 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:
Impossible wrote:

Squaresoft made some good games, but those fuckers from enix had to join up and fuck everything up, A good example: FFX, it could have been good with a bit more work, but the had to release the gay ass game.

I had originally typed up a huge long rant about how ridiculous what you said is, but I realized FFX was released BEFORE Square and Enix merged. So your facts are actually completly wrong. Not to mention once the companies merged they probably didn't randomly start working on each other's games.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:30 pm

Well my bad. But I keep my opinion, with more work Squaresoft could have saved that game. And FFX sucks, but is entertaining.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:52 pm

Their biggest mistake was Final Fantasy XI. You have to pay for it, and then you have to make monthly payments to play it.
And the stories in most MMORPGs suck the big ones.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:11 am

Ithink that if they made another game like KH, minus the disney characters, it would be pretty good, maybe merge it with different groups...

Too bad Zelda isn't on PS2... Imagine KH, but replace the characters and games with the ones from SSBM.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:33 pm

Forerunner wrote:Ithink that if they made another game like KH, minus the disney characters, it would be pretty good, maybe merge it with different groups...

Too bad Zelda isn't on PS2... Imagine KH, but replace the characters and games with the ones from SSBM.

Zelda will probally never sell out of Nintedo, its one of their big claims to fame, just like Mario.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:49 pm

Yeah I know... :cry: ...
It's like one of those things you see sparkling like a beacon of hope on the horizon, but no matter how close you get it's still out of reach.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby ericfantasy17 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:32 pm

I'm still waiting for a good Brave Fencer Musashi, I mean the second one was such a sell out game. Ever since FF8 every main character has to ride a motorcyle. COMON!!!!
They say that in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king, well in the land of the skunks the man with half a nose is king!!!
ericfantasy17
Wanderer

Postby Forerunner » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:36 am

Squall rode a motorcycle in FF8? I don't remember that, and he is the main character. wtf do you mean?
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:21 am

I think he's talking about Cloud in FFVII.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby ericfantasy17 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:23 pm

Yea thanks CJ I meant FF7.
They say that in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king, well in the land of the skunks the man with half a nose is king!!!
ericfantasy17
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming