Advent Children

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:01 pm

Nope. But there is a large croud of annoying kids (Advent "Children", get it?) who are ninjas in one scene.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:04 pm

HolsteinCow wrote:I haven't watched AC, so can someone tell me if Cloud has a prepubescent voice like in FF7-II?

What is this FF7-II that you speak of?
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Zero_X » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:11 pm

I watched the film on the 13th, bloody amazing. I downloaded it off a website somewhere took about 5 hours, but well worth it. I had to use a program called VLC to dub it with subtitles. Got to be the first film I've ever watched and then wanted to watch again straight after. I agree the storyline is abit out of wack but its nice the way they linked some key points from ff7 into it, it was cool to watch the fight scenes get better as it went through, well worth watching just for the fights. Got to love Cloud's sword/s brillant weapon/s.
They can trigger me, but their never figuer me out
Zero_X
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:54 pm

Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:40 pm

Yes. Shrink it now. It'll take 2 minutes and give us many a goodnights sleep.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Zero_X » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:56 am

Sorry about the avatar, hopefully now you can all get a good nights sleep
They can trigger me, but their never figuer me out
Zero_X
Wanderer

Postby Forerunner » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:29 am

Oh, god. Thank you. Worrying about it was like sandpaper on my brain. :wink:
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:55 pm

I also subbed it with VCL media player, I don't like watching untranslated things. But fuck me. That was fucking awesome.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:45 pm

I've been downloading this thing for a week now... still not done...
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:35 am

I'm not really busy with torrents and the likes so I don't know anything about it really, but a friend of mine had downloaded tons of anime and movies for me... if you like and explain how, i might send it to you trough torrent directly (if that's even remotely possible). I'm sure that direct send to somebody makes it all the more easy for you to download it right?

AND I DIDN'T SAY I WAS GONNA DO IT FOR EVERYBODY! Capice?
The dude said he was trying for a week, that's some courage I say...
Most woulda given up by now...
The movie is definately worth it, as it is incredibly detailed and still some of the anime feeling is kept in the characters (if you ask me).
I really liked all the very small details like the mog doll and the tadadadaaah theme on the cell phone... it made it all worth it.

So dude, if you manage to figure out how to send it directly to ya, post it here or in a pm and i'll see what I can do!
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:55 pm

I think bitlord just hates me. The download has like 30 seeders, but it goes at an average of 1kbs. And I haven't a clue how to make a torrent or anything, so I dont know how you could help me their.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Inderos » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:09 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I think bitlord just hates me. The download has like 30 seeders, but it goes at an average of 1kbs. And I haven't a clue how to make a torrent or anything, so I dont know how you could help me their.

http://www.bittornado.com

Bitlord sucks.
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:59 am

Yeah, I was kind of going to say the same thing, only with Azureus instead. I've used BitTornado before, and I didn't like it as much as Azureus.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

FF7 Last order

Postby Alundra » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:20 am

Last night, thanks to a friend of mine, I had the luck of catching Final fantasy VII - Last Order...
An anime version of the manion incident and the 'secret' scene that you unlock by going back to the nibelheim mansion's basment and 'talk' to the tubes which once contained both Zack and Cloud.

The anime is very well done, resembling both the quality of Last exile's fantastic blend (and not annoying) of 3D and 2D traditional animation and it's got the 'hyper frame rate' of fast moving fight sequences featured previously in series such as samurai champloo or cowboy bebop.
Those that were yapping about the too realistic visuals of ff 7 advent children will be treated to non-realistic more anime versions of their heroes.
The story is very short, about 21 minutes, but it is really worth the download though. It's an inside look into the ff 7 continuim that doesn't reveal much we didn't knew already (i'm talking about both fanboys and those that actually played the game from beginning to end) but it's nice to see the story NOT trough cloud's clouded memories.
The music is nice and features both upbeat new tracks (with more then enough guitar solo's :-p) and the golden oldies from mister Nobuo.
Voice casting is really well done, specially the original version don't know about the dub. The same cast from advent children resume their exact roles here too, which they do outstandingly (yeah i'm a fanboy, but you gotta admit there are anime's out there with a really crappy cast of really crappy actor's...)

Why they picked this specific event of all that's ff7, I don't know, it will probably tie in with the cellphone game before crisis and crisis core (whatever that might be) but that's only a guess. it's a shame really that they didn't do more then just this tiny piece. Consider the whole of the game remade in an anime like this...

If you've got the time, check it out, that friend of mine downloaded the 175mb thingy in a very short time using torrent ... so should be peace of cake for those of you still trying to get their hands on the much larger ff7 advent children.
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Previous

Return to Gaming