The Revolution Controller has finally been anounced

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Impossible » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:29 am

Oh my God, the hypocrisy is making my eyes bleed...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm not a hypocrite im honest.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Zero_X » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:29 pm

I see Belthazar point and agree, I own a ps2 and gamecube, I brought the ps2 when it first came out purely for the final fantasy series, I found how ever that ps2 offered more, Jax and Daxter, GTA, Kingdom hearts, Devil May cry, Silent hill, soul reaver 2, legacy of Kain Defiance are a few of the games that grab my attention. I was a fan of Nintendo super nintendo, N64 was able to pull me in with, Zelda, perfect dark and conker's bad fur day, but only just(who wasn't?). Gamecube came out with a hugely promising start of games (Well one game really in my view) Super smash bro's melee, but since then the only games the gamecube has offered my interest has been, the resident evil series and...no thats it, it just hasn't got the wide range of games the PS2 got. Don't get me wrong I like the cube but it does feels like nintendo are slipping. Bring out a controller for the rev that they plan to bring out is not a good idea in their current state.
They can trigger me, but their never figuer me out
Zero_X
Wanderer

Postby Jonesy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:44 pm

What do you mean, their current state? Nintendo is the only game system maker actually making a profit! :roll:
Jonesy
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:10 pm

The N64 was a great system with a bunch of awesome games, and anyone who wants to argue against that is an idiot. The Gamecube has proven considerably less awesome, but that doesn't make it a bad system. If there's one thing that Nintendo has constantly proven, it's that they have their act together. Pretty much every first party game Nintendo has released for the GC has been fun. Pure raw, harvestable fun. Everyone's always bashing the games Nintendo releases without having played them... if you've played the games, you have liked them. You may not have loved them, but you won't have hated them. I guarantee you no one will say "I played Mario Sunshine, and by the time I got that water cannon, damn, I had to cut that thing off in disgust and set the disc on fire." Ok, it was nothing to drool over, but it was, like the rest of Nintendo's games, a good, solid, game. And those who bash the Revolution's controller are doing the exact same as the people who bash every game on the GC. Nintendo knows what it's doing, and if it looks like a sketchy concept or an awful new idea, wait until you test it out before you start complaining.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:41 pm

Super Mario Sunshine is fantastic, actually. Beats SM64 in a few ways, although it falls behind it in some stupid ways as well.

The GCN is a better system than the N64. It ACTUALLY HAS THIRD-PARTY SUPPORT. Viewtiful Joe 1/2, Tales of Symphonia, Phantasy Star Online, every Sonic game known to mankind except the Advance ones (I seriously think pretty much all of them are playable between the ports, collections, and GameGear games on SADX), and a heap more. N64 had Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, which WOULD be unbeatable, except the WW pre-order disc contains OoT (with slightly better textures or something, I think, due to the GCN's power), AND a version of OoT with completely new dungeons. And MM is available with the Collector's Edition disc, although since Nintendo made a crappy emulator (they didn't port it, the disc actually contains the N64 and NES ROMs) so it crashes and has glitches on occasion (there's actually nothing wrong with the games themselves, because people have ripped the ROMs and run them on other emulators with no problem).
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Zero_X » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:12 am

I'm not complaining, I won't say "I hate the new revolution controller" or "The new revolution controller rules" until I tried it, I just saying that I personally have lost faith in nintendo's next game console, which can be redeemed depending on what I think of the controller (and games). Impossible if your going to tell me what gamecube also have to offer don't include games also on other games consoles, Viewtiful is a great game but I played it on the ps2, Phantasy star is a good game but I played it to death on the dreamcast, sonic games rule but I have the orignal games for emulators, the advance ones are on the GBA which I never knocked (in fact I think the GBA is Nintendo's best handheld ever as well as my favorite so far, don't like the DS). I don't like Mario in 3d his games where much better in 2d (Mario and yoshi brilliant). I didn't like Majora's mask much I played it and got bored with it, Now a real Zelda game would be Link to the past. I am however looking forward to getting a copy of twilight princess. I never played Tales of Symphonia, whats it like?
They can trigger me, but their never figuer me out
Zero_X
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:06 pm

Viewtiful is a great game but I played it on the ps2

Theres a difference between games that were made to be on multiple systems, and ones that were just posrted over later because they are really good. So basicly, Viewtiful Joe should still count towards GCN.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:25 pm

Um, I didn't say they were exclusives. If I were listing the GCN's great exclusive games, or just great games, I would have had a much longer list. But VJ was released on the GCN long before the PS2, and IMO the controls were practically built for the GCN controller, and don't work as well on the PS2.

Phantasy Star Online Ep I&II has a fuck of a lot more than the DC game. Ep I is a drastically (in graphics and items and other stuff) improved Version 2, and Ep II is a new game. Ep III is also a completely new game. Emulators... That's nice. I agree that SMW is the best Mario, and the 2D games are the best, but Super Mario Sunshine was still fantastic. Hell, the FLUDD-less areas were the closest to 2D Mario that the 3D games have ever been. There are a few more Zeldas playable on the GCN besides Majora's Mask. And they're all awesome (Four Swords Adventures included).

GCN also has Metroid Prime and 2 (which are extremely, very good), Super Smash Bros. Melee, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Megaman Network Transmission, Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Animal Crossing, Mario sports games (beat the shit out of all other sports games for actual fun), Baten Kaitos (with II coming), Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Super Monkey Ball (and 2), F-Zero GX, the whole RE series, Pikmin 1/2, and many others. Just because you've only PLAYED a few great GCN games it doesn't mean the rest don't exist. Battalion Wars and Fire Emblem are also about to come out and look very good.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Yea i agree about some of those games. But I just never really enjoyed metroid games that much. Decling of Video Gaming 3 tells you exactly why i don't.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:42 pm

Uh, what the crap? You hate a game because you lose your items at the start? OH, BECAUSE METROID WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF SAMUS STARTED EVERY GAME AT MAX POWER AND WAS ABLE TO KILL ANYTHING WITH NO EFFORT, WITHOUT HAVING TO FIND POWERUPS, EVEN THOUGH THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME! Decline is great, but they make fun of aspects of games, not say that the games are crap. At least MP actually explains why the main character has lost all their stuff, unlike most games.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:53 pm

it just doesnt have an engrossing storyline and thats the kind of games i like.
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:30 pm

Maybe you weren't paying attention in Metroid Fusion, then? That had the best story I have ever seen told in 2-4 hours. Shame it wasn't longer... MP and MP2 also had very strong plots, it was just the style of storytelling that was unique.

Man, I wish I could be ignorant enough to want an engrossing storyline more than engrossing gameplay, so that everything in between the storyline doesn't get horribly dull.

And you said that the entire reason you hated it was because Samus loses her stuff. Stop contradicting herself.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:15 pm

i tried being the nice guy and being logical about it all but ur impossible, Impossible. so you know what "burn you" and you can go screw yourself.
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:34 am

You were being logical?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming