The Revolution Controller has finally been anounced

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:13 am

This has got to be the biggest leap in gaming any company has made thusfar. I just pray that Impossible is right about how once you play it, you'll love it. A remote-control-shaped controller is a Ninturnoff, but hopefully I'll make it to Nintendorgasm after the first few games. One question though...

What the hell's gonna happen with melee? Gamecube controls, Revolution design? And are all these "attachments" and stuff gonna cost a ton of money? Hopefully not. I trust Nintendo.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:55 am

i have my doubts, but the pure ingenuity has forced me to reconsider what order i get the new consoles in. The idea behind it is good, many people are just scared of the new ideas nintendo are churning out recently.

I have to say that in terms of interface Nintendo is far ahead of both Microsoft and Sony, i only hope that its in a positive direction.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:24 am

are all these "attachments" and stuff gonna cost a ton of money?

As for the attachments, I'd assume that if a special one is needed to play the game, it will come with the game, thats what nintendo has always done in the past
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:59 am

Well, usually they include it with one game and you just gotta hope that you want that game. For instance, Majora's Mask didn't come with an Expansion pack, but DK64 did. Neither of which I own.

Good point overall though.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:14 pm

Yeah, that Expansion pack thing was wierd, but one came with my N64 so I never thought about it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:54 pm

well the expansion pack usually comes with a popular game but having it come out on DK64 was dumb i think it should come out with a zelda game.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:59 pm

What did it do anyway?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fredric » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:07 pm

It allowes a better framerate and graphics and more objects on the screen at the same time or something like that.
Fredric
S1 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:17 pm

Fredric wrote:It allowes a better framerate and graphics and more objects on the screen at the same time or something like that.

I know they said that but i didn't see a difference.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby RentACop » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:42 pm

The most notable difference is probably Perfect Dark, as the game was utterly worthless without an expansion pack; maybe two game modes are available.

http://nintyrevcontroller.ytmnd.com/
That's got good picture of the controller, and what I'd assume is a fairly common reaction to it on first sight. I honestly don't know what to think about the controller or the Revolution for that matter, so I'm reserving judgement until I can actually use it.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:56 pm

All it did was increase the RAM by 2mb.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:35 pm

You couldnt play four player multiplayer without it on some games
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:45 pm

Tycho wrote: I'm willing to forgive nintendo for the Revolution's controller because the DS kicks so much ass

Done.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Tycho is hardly fit to judge because he didn't like the DS first, either, and similarly he could end up changing his mind again. Keeping in mind, he's one of the hundreds/thousands of people who bought a DS for the fucking awesome game list announced at E3 2004, and then hated it because after a few months he didn't have the entirety of the game list in his hands. Seriously, SO MANY PEOPLE were selling their DS because they'd forgotten why they got it in the first place, or because they couldn't wait for the onslaught of games we are now beginning to receive.

Actually, the Revolution is like another step beyond the DS, in innovation and potential. Imagine a system that can theoretically do MUCH, MUCH more (like, fifty times as much) than the competition. The possibilities are mind-boggling, when we think of how attachments and 3D pointing can be used. Now multiply the number of possibilities for those two to understand how different innovations can be used together... We'd have to be looking somewhere in the thousands, or tens of thousands? Just a guess.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:51 pm

Alright impossible i can understand your commitment to nintendo and how you know from history that they always do something totally new and out of the ordinary well because they are nintendo. I don't mean to sound like a punk but in my opinion it seems like nintendo has been losing it after super nintendo. For instance nintendo 64 the best game that i liked was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. GameCube was Resident Evil 4. But 1 good game out of all the games that came out is why i no longer rely on nintendo for the best video gaming experience. PS2 came out ealiar than gamecube and had games like the grand theft auto series, metal gear solid series, final fantasy series, and many others. Xbox had a hardware system unlike any we had seen before and came out with games like the halo series (sorry can't think of anymore off the top of my head). Now tell me what was so great that gamecube did. Oops sorry i forgot the cd's were 3 in. in diameter and the system was like a box. Come on...
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming