Gamespot? Nah. IGN? Nah. Gamespy? Nah.

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Gamespot? Nah. IGN? Nah. Gamespy? Nah.

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:30 pm

Your current gaming review site is immoral. Repent! Get your game on with the ccgr!

Make sure to read the minesweeper review.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Why do they review ancient games? Sword of Mana? Pokemon Yellow?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:12 am

I wanna see a review of DOA: VollyBall Edition.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:15 am

I still can't work out whether or not this site is serious. The reviews sound geniune, and some of them are actually pretty good. But some of the stuff they say about "appropriateness" sounds far beyond what someone intelligent enough to like good games would say - because all mentions and uses of magic are bad. The Pokemon reviews are positive, but the SSBM review links to this. At first I thought it was a joke site, now I just think it's weird. This fantastic game is awful because for the sake of its plot, it has Goddesses in it!
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:22 am

Maybe CCGR should review EVO.

"But Evolution doesn't exist because it's just a theory."
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:21 am

I own stock in a CCGR... not the same one... but good job at reminding me of lost money.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:05 am

Pokemon yellow was original. It is the only one where you'r starter pokemon can follow you while walking around. Although they copletely fucked it up by forcing you to start with pikachu, and the fact that it's a pokemon game is -1000 worthy-of-playing points. But still, it's the potter of the series.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:57 am

If anyone actually bothered to look, CCGR stands for Christ Centered Game Reviews. This means they review games based on whether it is appropriate enough to be played and isn't a strong influence to user(s) to conduct sin intentionally. Personally, being a born-again christian, this would only be good to parents seeking protection for their children. However, for someone like myself, I know when games have gone to a limit where it is going to corrupt my thinking in one way or if I obsess or spend too much time into it, I can become obsessed or addicted or caught up in something that can be immoral or frowned upon or make me desensitised from something.

By the way, if you're all thinking I'm some kind 'One day I'm gonna be a priest' and I'm some kind of perfect being, I'm not. Some people get that impression about me for some reason...
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:21 pm

I'm a Christian myself, but I disagree with this kind of reasoning. Unfortunately, I've encountered crap like this before. Preachers preaching sermons on the evils of Harry Potter... *shudders* Bad memories. Honestly people. It's F I C T I O N. Sometimes a person thinks that reading and enjoying is the same thing as doing. Just because I play Yu-Gi-Oh, does that mean I'm going to be tempted to suck people's souls out and trap them in cards? Not really. If I play the game DooM, does that mean I'm going to take out a shotgun one day and go on a columbine-style massicare? No. I mean, I can see the idea behind this sort of thing, it's just a lousy one.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby TeppicTheBloodLyn » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:46 am

Aegis wrote:I'm a Christian myself, but I disagree with this kind of reasoning. Unfortunately, I've encountered crap like this before. Preachers preaching sermons on the evils of Harry Potter... *shudders* Bad memories. Honestly people. It's F I C T I O N. Sometimes a person thinks that reading and enjoying is the same thing as doing. Just because I play Yu-Gi-Oh, does that mean I'm going to be tempted to suck people's souls out and trap them in cards? Not really. If I play the game DooM, does that mean I'm going to take out a shotgun one day and go on a columbine-style massicare? No. I mean, I can see the idea behind this sort of thing, it's just a lousy one.

Have you tried dungeon keeper? Summoning deamons is so much good fun. Especialy the succubus.
Richard Dawkins wrote:Life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators.

TeppicTheBloodLyn
S3 Hilyn

Return to Gaming