There is hope.

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

There is hope.

Postby HolsteinCow » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:47 pm

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Iteroth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:10 pm

Seen it. Love it.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby ForbiddenShadow » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:32 pm

i don't get it
Blood is driping from the veins
Of all the enemies that I have slain
As I see their eyes turn to black
The remourse for killing is all I lack
ForbiddenShadow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:23 pm

Its a pretty simple concept, whats not to get?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby ForbiddenShadow » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:11 pm

Maby had i read past "civs anonamys" and realized they ment the game; i might not look like an idiot right now.

"The unique turn-based strategy game"
ForbiddenShadow
S1 Hilyn

Postby loona » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:45 am

Heh, that's awesome. Civilization is addictive. I never played any version besides the original, though. I was playing it again a couple of months ago. I don't think it'll ever really get boring.
loona
S1 Hilyn

Postby ForbiddenShadow » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:29 pm

the bord games like 100 bucks; i've never played it b4 but the games good; is it worth it?
ForbiddenShadow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Civ 4 is coming out soon, you might want to wait for that.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:35 pm

There once was a board game called Civilization, it came out in 1981 and was popular in the manner of boardgames. As such, in 1988 a western expansion came out, and in 1989 an eastern expansion arrived. In these days there was a man named Sid Meier, a strange man indeed, who said that this game was rather keen and it would be nice on the computer. So he made a computer version of Civilization called Civilization. That same year the makers of Civilization created Advanced Civilization which was both better and worse, in the manner of boardgames. Sid Meier's Civilization was popular. So the makers of Civilization and Advanced Civilization (but not Civilization) decided that they should make a computer game too. "As direct a port as possible!" they said, and it was their downfall, as Advanced Civilization (not Advanced Civilization) failed to capture what made the boardgame fun. And so, for a time there were more Civilization's but no more Civilization's until, in the never-ending quest for money it was decreed that Civilization should be made into a boardgame. It was called Civilization.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:16 am

Clear and straightforward. Thank you.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby TeppicTheBloodLyn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:57 am

RentACop wrote:There once was a board game called Civilization, it came out in 1981 and was popular in the manner of boardgames. As such, in 1988 a western expansion came out, and in 1989 an eastern expansion arrived. In these days there was a man named Sid Meier, a strange man indeed, who said that this game was rather keen and it would be nice on the computer. So he made a computer version of Civilization called Civilization. That same year the makers of Civilization created Advanced Civilization which was both better and worse, in the manner of boardgames. Sid Meier's Civilization was popular. So the makers of Civilization and Advanced Civilization (but not Civilization) decided that they should make a computer game too. "As direct a port as possible!" they said, and it was their downfall, as Advanced Civilization (not Advanced Civilization) failed to capture what made the boardgame fun. And so, for a time there were more Civilization's but no more Civilization's until, in the never-ending quest for money it was decreed that Civilization should be made into a boardgame. It was called Civilization.

Good call.
Richard Dawkins wrote:Life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators.

TeppicTheBloodLyn
S3 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:33 am

How long did you spend typing that?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:19 pm

I thought he had just copied and pasted from some site.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:29 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:How long did you spend typing that?

Too damn long.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby ForbiddenShadow » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:35 pm

it may have ben easier for you too put the link
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3633
but thanks for the info just the same
ForbiddenShadow
S1 Hilyn