Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:44 pm

Wow, this game is amazing. Definatly worth the wait. Somehow Konami managed to improve on the already perfect Aria of Sorrow. This one definatly gets my vote for best Castlevania game. Anyone else get it yet?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm

I'm getting this as soon as it reaches Houghton. Stupid middle-of-nowhere town...
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Belthazar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:51 pm

Houghton? sounds like a bad place to be as a video gamer if you gotta wait for games extra time after they are released.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm

Belthazar wrote:Houghton? sounds like a bad place to be as a video gamer if you gotta wait for games extra time after they are released.

I live in Britain :(
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm

They don't even have a EB... it's considered child abuse to raise children there.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:37 pm

I'm either tearing through this game quickly, or there are alot of bosses in this game. It seems like every 10 minutes or so Im battling another one. They haven't been really challenging yet though. I hope that changes soon.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:50 pm

What console/s is it on?
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:37 pm

how is it so far sage of the wise? keep us updated as i definitely love review about games from fellow gamers.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:05 am

Belthazar wrote:Houghton? sounds like a bad place to be as a video gamer if you gotta wait for games extra time after they are released.

Come to fucking Australia.

My favourite DS game of October will unquestionably be Phoenix Wright. I imported the Japanese version which already has the US text in it, and it is insanely awesome. Right now I'm trying to pick another game out of Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Castlevania: DoS, and Trauma Center. This is really hard... SO MANY GAMES COMING OUT. This is just the beginning, we still have online Mario Kart and Viewtiful Joe, among others, coming before the end of the year. I CAN'T GET THEM ALL, DAMMIT! >_<

I was hoping for a challenging game, though (I'm so sick of this easy shit, honestly), so is DoS really that easy?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:57 am

I'm about 60% though now (thats the map percentage), it isn't that hard, the only time I've died outside of boss battles is in this room full of spikes that I couldn't get through without a certain soul, yet I tried to a few times anyway.

For the bosses it all depends what souls you use. For example, the boss I just beat had been ripping me apart everytime I tried, then I tried some different souls, and found a combination that kils him in like 15 seconds.(then I screwed up the magic seal and he imediatly killed me). I haven't battled Death yet though, and that one will probably just be plain hard. And if you still think its easy, theres alway hard mode.

Being able to switch soul and equpiment sets with the push of a button is really useful too. The music is awsome, as usual. The magic seal system isn't bad at all, which I knew a few people have been worrying about. Theres only been like two rooms so far in the enire game though that had the ice blocks. Being able to level up souls is cool, but can be tedius if your trying to get a really rare one to a higher level.(get the Rycuda soul to lvl 9, you'll thank me in the clocktower)
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:35 pm

Finally got this game. It's jizz-tastic.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Belthazar » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:23 pm

what console is it for?
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:34 pm

Nintendo DS.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Violent_Paradan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:58 pm

The (not too) clever thing is that the initials of the game's name contain the letters D and S. The same is true for Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
Violent_Paradan
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:16 pm

They did that with a few other games as well. Cant remember any specifics at the moment though.

Anyway, I'm finally at the pinnacle! again! (with both spair files holding backup data.)
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming