Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:17 pm

I played this for 10 hours straight today. ...God does it feel good to seal a boss away after a long difficult battle.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:24 pm

Heh, its amazing how a few souls can make the bosses so much easier. Like Zepher, on my first time through I dont know what I was using, but it was a long battle and I went through quite a few potions. Second time through I used disc armor and great armor. He went down in 10 seconds. I timed it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:36 pm

I've used the manticore soul for most of the game so far. I've beaten most of the bosses by strategy along. It feels good to win a battle based on recogizing patterns and counteracting them. I seem to be pretty unlucky for getting souls, so that's how I've been playing.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:45 pm

It seemed to me like souls are alot more common in this game, I have all kinds without even trying. Especially Une and Merman, I've got over 15 of each.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:48 pm

Just try getting an iron golem soul. =P
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:11 am

Speaking of which, is there any soul in this game that can kill it in one hit? I haven't seen any killer mantle in this game at all.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:21 pm

Taken from GameFAQs:

How do I kill the Iron Golem?
Equip the Bat company soul, the Imp Bullet soul, and the Dead Pirate Enchant soul. Fly behing the golem, use the Imp soul, and equip a quick, multi-attack weapon, such as Terror Bear or Valmanway. He should go down in 8 quick hits.

I just settled for getting behind him (he can't turn around) with the dead pirate soul and summoning armies of Homunculi while whacking away with my sword. Only does 2 damage a hit, but he only has around 50 HP, I think.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:09 pm

Ok, ill try that out. Just got to Julius mode, and its got a few flaws. Mainly, you cant customize the controls, which i did with Soma so I always screw up, and their are areas you can go into and not be able to get out of.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:18 pm

That's odd. You do know Julius has an additional uppercut to his jump, right? And ideally, you're supposed to find Alucard and Yoko too, since Alucard can turn into a bat right when you get him.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:35 pm

Oh yeah, the uppercut. That might just break the blocks. I'm still not sure if that would help though. And I dont have Alucard yet. (The area I'm talking about is the one in the Wizard's Labratory thats full of the ice blocks, and Julius breaks them with his whip, not the stylus, so its insainly hard to get back up after you go down.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:46 pm

The area with the moving platform? You don't even need to bother with breaking the blocks. Just go to the end and jump over the wall. And you do know you can jigle the whip around once you've lashed out with it, breaking stuff around you.
Last edited by EmperorJeramyu on Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:49 pm

No, the one that is like a pit filled with blocks, you can destroy them relativly easily on your way down, then when you get to the bottem you cant get back up without breaking the blocks in the right way, which is impossible with the whip.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:58 pm

I don't know exactly what room you're talking about, but I'm through the Wizard's lab already, so it's not a room you have to get through...
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:20 pm

No! Not fucking again!!!

Someone took my DS, and deleted everything on DoS and AoS, which was in the gba slot.

Its a great game in all, but I really dont want to have to play through it again for the 3rd time in two weeks...
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Gaming