F.E.A.R.

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

F.E.A.R.

Postby Forerunner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:44 am

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about it, I heard today that apparently it kicks ass (well I was told that it was infintely better than Doom 3), and I was just wondering if anybody had any good info or screenshots.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Occurrence of Something » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:36 pm

Don't really know anything about it, but Rooster Teeth did a little four-episode machinima with it, called P.A.N.I.C.S.: http://panics.roosterteeth.com/home.php
Porter: lets play, truth or dare
Porter: war you first
Porter: truth or dare
WarV: truth???
Porter: ok: the truth:
Porter: YOU SUCK
Porter: HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Porter: HSfjksdfhsadf
WarV: That is not how it works.
Occurrence of Something
S1 Hilyn

Postby RentACop » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:50 pm

It's pretty awesome, though the little girl thing is ripped right out of the ring, and the cast of enemies is fairly small. Third scariest game I've ever played.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:46 pm

Apperantly some versions of it make the girl pop up on the screen randomly even when your not playing the game.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:22 am

Supposedly, you have to delete all of your CD and DVD ripping programs and emulators (WTF?) to play it. I understand getting rid of the CD and DVD ripping programs, but why the fuck would you need to get rid of the emulators?

This is just some shit I heard from school, So I wouldn't have a fucking clue as to whether it is true or not, and i'm not gonna try because there is no way in hell that my computer would be able to run it.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:14 am

I reccommend Quake 4.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:00 pm

Yeah, I want to try that out. I dont know if I'll ever get a chance to though unless my friend gets it, to many other games already taking priority.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:01 pm

Yeah, the DVD version of Fear apparently has some nasty copy protection crap. Penny Arcade was bitching about it earlier. And if any of you were perched on the edge of your seat, wondering what my top two scary games are:

2) Clive Barker's Undying
1) System Shock 2
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:27 am

For anyone who like F.E.A.R.
Visit http://www.roosterteeth.com and go to the section named P.A.N.IC.S
and then go to videos. You will then be able to download a series
of videos made by people recording themselves on F.E.A.R and have turned into a kind of tv program but on the net. It kind of defeats the point of the game but it is reallt funny. Also on roosterteeth is RedvsBlue made on Halo/Halo2 and The Strangerhood series made on The Sims.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Return to Gaming