DS Online

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

DS Online

Postby Impossible » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:08 pm

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6613/routers1sx.jpg

That's a list of compatible wireless routers. If it says "Recommended" next to a router you have, you'll be good to go when Mario Kart comes out. All of them should work at least a tiny bit besides one, though...

Anyway, I'm ready to kick all your asses.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:24 pm

If I ever save up enough to get a DS (or I "borrow" one from my friend), you're on!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:38 pm

I've been meening to get a router, I've just been waiting for somthing like this so I know what I should get.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby The_Oppressor » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:31 pm

:? I believe Nintendo should consider putting their effort into making better handheld consoles. I am not insulting the DS console in any way but everyone can't deny the fact that the PSP console is slaughtering the DS console in the capabilities of the console and the overall sales of it.
God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world
The_Oppressor
Wanderer

Postby Forerunner » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:43 pm

I havn't played either of them, and I don't plan to.
They both just seem like supified gameboys crossed with dvd players. I have a gameboy, I have a dvd Player, I also have a computer, xbob, ps2 and gamecube.
I think I'm pretty much covered, and most people who would consider buying either of those probably is as well, so why bother?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:04 pm

The_Oppressor wrote:I am not insulting the DS console in any way but everyone can't deny the fact that the PSP console is slaughtering the DS console in the capabilities of the console and the overall sales of it.

Okay. *denies* *own you* *points out that the PSP has not a single gameplay-related capability that the DS does not, but the DS is "slaughtering" the PSP in terms of functions and new forms of gameplay and input*

And Forerunner, as always clearly showing his HUGE ignorance of, funnily enough, both the DS AND the PSP. He actually genuinely has no fucking clue what he's talking about. And I don't mean that as an insult, just a fact.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:20 am

Heh, I bring Impossible the best of joys: My brother, the rich fool he is, bought a PSP last week. On friday, he somehow managed to get the screen cracked....Oh, how I love the simplemindedness of when Gaming meets Punk...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:51 am

At this rate, the DS is gonna have the PSP at a 2:1 sales ratio in Japan (where all the good developers live, for the record)... And it can't come as much of a surprise because the PSP has next to no good games coming out in the near future or in the past couple of months. Its supposed (and failed in this respect) system seller is a watered down rehash which Japanese people don't care for anyway. Sony haven't really done their research into the portable market because they're forgetting the two golden rules of handhelds.

1) If you're going to release a handheld system, put lots of games in it. You have no fucking clue what you're dealing with.
2) Nintendo always wins. Always.

Anyway, back on topic... Anyone else able to go online? I'm thinking we should make a list.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:06 pm

I will by the time Mario Kart comes out over here (stupid Europe, i might just import this one), probably sooner and i know of several hotspots near me.
Should be fun to game with some of you guys.

(by the way "The_Oppressor", you diss nintendo in a thread made by impossible? Use a shoval, it make digging your own grave a lot easier)
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby The_Oppressor » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:15 pm

Flibbo and Impossible, don't get me wrong. I love Nintendo and all of the great games it has released since the first console. Believe it or not, i still have an original NES that still works, after half an hour. I have a few of the Mario games, including the first mario to come out on NES. I also have many other classics and i have bought (over the years) a super NES, a Nintendo 64 and a Gamecube. This should prove to all you Nintendo enthusiasts that i am a great fan of Nintendo but i still stick by the fact that the PSP is selling more than the Nintendo DS.
God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world
The_Oppressor
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:04 am

Even though, well, it isn't. Ha, funny that.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:01 am

I don't think he followed the link. :wink:
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:10 am

Me neither...

The DS is also crushing the PSP in sales in the UK, although I don't have the figures on me. And when Mario Kart DS and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection launch in the US in five days, the PSP will be as good as beaten. Funny how GTA:LCS was supposed to save it (it's selling well, but it isn't selling systems)... Someone should tell Sony that a system can't ACTUALLY sell without games coming out for it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Squiggy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:45 am

The DS will always defeat the PSP, for the simple reason that the PSP is a playstation, and all playstations suck crap, end of story.
Douglas Adams wrote:If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.
Squiggy
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:11 am

I wonder if they'll bring games from gameboy onto the DS...
*shudder* I hope to god they don't plan on bringing out a pokemon game on it, however a zelda game would be good.

And yeah Impy, I have no idea what exactly either of them are. I just know the companies they're made by and that the PSP uses disks. But if I held them to the preduces developed by PS2 and Gamecube, then the DS will have better games although will be targeted at a slightly younger audience. And the PSP will have crap games (final fantasy on psp? DEAR GOD NO!!!), a bigger payroll. Since the DS is whoopin it's but in sales, obviously this time it is different.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming