Best DS game to ask for before Christmas?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Best DS game to ask for before Christmas?

Postby Glenn47 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:00 pm

My friend is getting a DS for Christmas, and he needs to know a good game to get. We're talking fun, decent controls, and possibly replay value. He was originally gonna get Super Mario 64 DS, but I showed him Jer's chart.

Any recommendations?
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Escreon » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:05 pm

My favourite DS games:
Super Mario 64 DS
Warioware
Project Rub
Meteos
Castlevania
Pac-Pix
Mario Kart DS
Sonic Rush
Original Ending:

Unseen: Lyn Copyright Lawyers destroy whole of way.
Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Location: *looks around* erm... a... place... I think it has a computer in it...

Postby Glenn47 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:14 pm

Do me a favor and pick like one or two, and then give a description of them.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:36 pm

Go with Castlevania or Animal Crossing. Castlevania is probably the best DS game out right now, and Animal Crossing is going to be awsome and has infinate replay value.

God damn it now I want AC even more.... only 1 more day...
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:49 pm

Mario Kart DS, seriously. Heaps of fun and online.

Other great games are Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (most compelling game of all time), Sonic Rush (will make you unable to play a non-Sonic platformer ever again due to its immense speed; everything else will feel too slow, but at least the game is awesome), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (yet to play this, but it should be as fun as the first one, which was an awesome RPG), and soon Animal Crossing: Wild World (more online, but find out if he's into games like AC first).

What's Jera's chart?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:05 am

Advanced Wars DS - Get this if you want your friend to throw his DS out of a window.

Castlevania DS - Badass cult hunting in the year 2036. This game kicks immesurable ass, but it could conceivably have less replay value than others.

Super Mario 64 DS - You know what I think about this one.

Animal Crossing - If he's in to sim games, then I'd say go for it. Lots of replay value.

Sonic Rush - Heaps of fun, no doubt. But like all linear platform games, it probably doesn't have an immense replay value (Collec the hidden whatevers in all the stages doesn't count, I say.)

Mario Kart DS - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably one of the ones you'd want to get. I haven't played it yet, but there's never been a bad mario kart game, and the reaction to this one has been nothing but superb.

Mario & Luigi - Probably really good and lengthy, but I wasn't fond of the first one, so meh.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Flibbo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:33 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:God damn it now I want AC even more.... only 1 more day...

Please stop rubbing it in my lame British "needs to import every decent game before he dies of anticipation" face
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:42 pm

And now Jera had to remind me of every other game I want but can't afford... And Nintendo couldn't bother actually shipping AC ontime so no store near me is getting it until Thursday at the very earliest.

Why can they just send the shipment early for once, it drives me crazy!
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:53 pm

Can someone please post Jera's thing on SM64DS? >_< I think I've seen it, but I can't remember what was in it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:56 pm

Jera will post Jera's SM64DS thing.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:I've been playing SM64DS a lot lately (I'm up to 123 stars), and I've been having a few frustrations I decided to take out, with an educational twist. Enjoy.

Somebody's going to hell for this.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Escreon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:42 pm

I just discovered the incomparable brilliance of MKDS online... *drools* just need to find some friends to make it better. Anyone decent want to swap friend codes?
Last edited by Escreon on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Original Ending:

Unseen: Lyn Copyright Lawyers destroy whole of way.
Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Location: *looks around* erm... a... place... I think it has a computer in it...

Postby Impossible » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:28 am

Ah yes, I remember that now. Definitely saw that before. Everyone who has MKDS or AC:WW, post their friend code(s) in my DS Online topic. I'll get mine later.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Return to Gaming