Halo 0

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Halo 0

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:24 am

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146268

not too bad, IMO. Good way to waste time...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:53 am

I agree, Halo is always a waste of time.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:43 am

I don't agree that halo is a waste of time, any more than Zelda is a waste of time.
However, that game was a waste of time. Moderately fun, but no where near as enjoyable as the real thing. I'd rather sit down and play halo then play that game any day.
Still well done though, better than anything I could make.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:02 am

Impossible wrote:I agree, Halo is always a waste of time.

Impossible, everyone knows that you only hate Halo because other people like it.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:30 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:

Impossible, everyone knows that you only hate Halo because other people like it.

I don't like it eather.
I'd rather play a more modern first person shooter. Like Call of Duty, Or MOH.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:08 pm

I dont think Halo is a bad game, but I dont understand how its become such a huge deal. It was a really average game, fun for alittle while but it doesn't really stand out in anyway.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 pm

Every game is a waste of time. And that's a good thing. When I'm bored and I want to kill a few days, I just play a bit of Star Ocean or ToP (Still haven't found that stupid fucking ninja village, meh i should probably try a walkthrough), That eats up time like....uhhh.....other really fun stuff :D
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:39 pm

Aptly put CJ, aptly put.

Three extra points for j00.

Sage, I do believe the defining point of Halo was the vehicles: Nobody really had anything like them before. And then the concept of degrading vehicles made them even cooler.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:08 pm

Sage, I do believe the defining point of Halo was the vehicles: Nobody really had anything like them before. And then the concept of degrading vehicles made them even cooler.

Thats probably it right there, i hated vehicles. If I didn't use them i'd just be killed by everyone else who did, and if I did use them, I'd be dead in seconds due to a homing rocket.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:56 pm

which brings us to the topic of Rocket Runs, followed by whatever vehicle you can find.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 am

Vehicles are cheap in multiplayer. Only people without enough skill to kill without vehicles use them and for that reason.

But yeah, homing rockets make it easier to deal with those newbs. Other than that, rockets are cheap too.

And yes, coagulation is a prime example of what I just said.
Last edited by Forerunner on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:26 am

Yae, and Abraham said "Ye who holds the rockette launcher shalt controlle thine 'capture thee flage' sessione inne 'Coagulation'. Ande then I shall open a deli"

Turns out bagels are made with holes because it helps them bake faster. :lol:
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:14 pm

I, on the other hand, hate Halo because I don't own an Xbox, henceforth making me terrible at it. When everyone else obsesses over a game that you're not good at, you hate the game. Smash Bros for example. Oh wait...everyone loves smash bros.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:10 pm

Yeah, and even the people who are bad at Glenn love him.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Springfield » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:11 am

Halo has got to be my favorite game on Xbox, Not for the single player, I love the multiplayer!

Glenn47 wrote:I, on the other hand, hate Halo because I don't own an Xbox, henceforth making me terrible at it. When everyone else obsesses over a game that you're not good at, you hate the game. Smash Bros for example. Oh wait...everyone loves smash bros.

I dont like smash bros.
Springfield
Plyn

Next

Return to Gaming