Halo 0

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Impossible » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:08 am

You lack taste.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:27 am

Now now Impossible, he may just not like........fun?
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Springfield » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:34 am

I like many games, you cant tell me I lack taste just because I like Halo, I like RPGs and almost every FPS game around, exept SeriousSam 2.

RentACop wrote:Now now Impossible, he may just not like........fun?

Im going to assume you are bad at the game, I find killing bad players fun,
Springfield
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:30 am

We're talking about SSBM, idiot. Attention span of a Springfield? Looks like it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Springfield » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:48 am

oh... ok, i'll be quite then.
Springfield
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:46 am

Why do we always change the topic to how terrible Halo and the X-Box and it's tacky descendent, the 360, is in the Gaming Forum? We've been through it too many times! TOO MANY I TELL YOU!
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Requiem » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:50 pm

I'm not much of a fan of SSBM either, to tell you the truth.

Simply because I don't like fighting games.
"Hey, let's memorize a bunch of nonsensical button combinations so that we can show our superiority in games that the opposition will quickly grow tired of because they continue to lose to our complete and total mastery over aforementioned special attacks owing to our over abundance of spare time in which we actually sink so low as to practice late into the night just so that we can feel some speck of dominance over our fellow man."

I just see no point in the entire genre.
Feel free to explain the purpose that I am obviously missing.

The only fighting game I've ever really thought nifty was Guilty Gear.
If only because I loved the character designs to death. Storyline was actually a little bit interesting, too.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:03 pm

SSBM doesn't have nonsensical button combos.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:49 pm

That's bullcrap, you don't know how many times I've won at Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter against people who practice all the time to learn special moves, simply by mashing buttons.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:27 pm

i'm sorry, i know u'll all jump at my throat for saying this but SSBM doesn't even compare to halo. Halo was the first game on any console for which it could be easily - and i mean easily - said tht it rivals and beats all of its opposition coming from the ever - dominant PS2. Revolutionary i tell u, REVOLUTIONARY! it seems to me RPG players don't like halo either (wiht the exception springfield) and i really don't see y. (for when it was released) it had AMAZING graphics, the best of any game on a console at the time, it had an involving plot, short but very well thought out, and mostly importantly the gameplay was easy to learn but hard to master on higher difficulties (just like Quake another personal favourite of mine).
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:31 pm

There's going to be like 9 or so 'Halos', as it's based on the book series.
:shock:

Seriously, I would rather play SSBM than Halo any day, and I'm an X-Box owner, not Gamecube owner.
Last edited by AznChipmunk on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:43 pm

Halo was... average. And still is, and more than likely always will be.

SSBM put a nice spin on the average fighting game. It remained enjoyable for a long time and is a game almost anyone can play.

To _MurtagH_: What's wrong with SSBM's graphics? Is something wrong with them? I don't see them being any worse than Halo. Sure, it uses 2D animation sometimes, but you'd never notice until you paused and panned about. There's nothing wrong with SSBM's graphics, or Halo's either, for that matter, but that's a terrible excuse to place Halo over SSBM.

Graphics are the least important part of a game anyway, and anyone who can't agree either doesn't care about story (which is alright, I guess), or is a very vain person.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:01 pm

O no no no... u misunderstanf me my friend. i was just saying y halo was such a revolutionary game when it came out first. the graphics played a big part - and tht can't be ignored. i was merely stating tht halo had a far bigger impact on the world because it (and the xbox) managed to outdo the PS2 for at least one game.

SSBM is not a bad game, but personally i don't see how u can call halo average. Graphics (for release time) 10/10 storyline was ok bout 7.5/10 and gameplay was very gd bout 9/10. i don't think u can (honestly, without kidding urself) say tht halo's plot is worse than SSBM which i'm not sure even has a plot, we've established tht it has better grpahics, and also tht the gameplay was also impressive.

harldy average. and tbh i don't think choosing a game with amazing graphics and very gd plot is vain compared to choosing a game with 2D grpahics (not necessarily SSBM) but with an amazing plot. we have technology. if 2D games with amazing plots are all tht great then USE THE AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGY DON'T LET IT COLLECT DUST IN THE CORNER, rather than call people who got off their arses and made a game soft of the eyes vain.
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:25 pm

AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Once upon a time, long ago, nosoinsaneguy wrote:Yea supposedly there's gonna be a halo movie which would act as the "sequel" to halo 1 and 2, which is weird cuz it like...transverses over mediums. Then AFTER they make the movie they're gonna make the game obviously so like...it'd be the game based on the movie based on the game based on the book, because after all, halo was originally a book. I personally hate halo. Halflife 2 is the way to go as far as fps is concerned IMO.

I swear, ignorance is some kind of retarded trend...So, for your sake, I shall repost:

A Younger Teenr0cker wrote:Wait wait wait....what the fuck are you smoking? There are three books with Halo involved: The prelude and sequel after the first halo game, and then some different guy wrote out, in essence, a walkthrough of how the MC went through Halo, with a few small short side stories on the margin... I'm sure that in this product description, they'd say "OMFG! THIS IS THE BOOK THAT INSPIRED THE GAME!!!" in big red letters.

http://www.bungiestore.com/productcart/ ... product=85

But no, you're just making the assumption that such a shitty piece of literature could possibly have sparked the game series...No. It just doesn't work both ways. You need to play the game to comprehend the book, and the books a waste of monies better spent on candies. Mmmm. Well that's it for me...do research next time pal.

PS: HALF LIFE PWNZ!@!@!@!!!

Doubly PS: HALF LIFE 2 PWNZ!@!@!@!!!
AND SO DOES CHUCK NORRIS!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming