Cleaning Consoles

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Cleaning Consoles

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:40 am

Hey what is the stupidest thing that you have ever tried to clean an electronic device with?

I told my 'Friend' *Looks at Forerunner* how to clean his PS2 because it wasn't reading discs properly. I told him to clean the lens with a cotton bud and an alcohol based cleaning agent. Turns out that he had none of these things and decided to improvise, He used beer and a tissue to clean the lens on his PS2 and when he was putting it back together, he detached the power supply from the rest of the console.

(I had a few thoughts on where this topic should go, but since it's mostly about a PS2 I just posted it here. Sorry if it's the wrong place).
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:27 am

That sounds like an intellectual accomplishment I would expect from Forerunner...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:25 am

That is one of the most retarded things i have ever heard.
I think we should get forerunner nuetered so he doesn't pass on his genes.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:29 pm

Nature will provide an ample sollution for theese things, since we all know, stupidity has no limits.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:20 am

Pfft. Kiss my ass.

I used watered down beer to clean the lens, and then I cleaned it again with water afterwards. And it did work, it ran disks well after that... for a while anyway.

I accidently detatched the power cable on a different occasion.

At least when I put it back together I replaced all the screws and stuff correctly. You guy's 'fixed' it and I now have about 6 screws that weren't put back in, and you even forgot to put the feet back on.
And don't get me started on how stupid it was to throw the chassis into the pool, it didn't do any harm, but it was stupid nonetheless.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 am

Forerunner wrote:I used watered down beer to clean the lens, and then I cleaned it again with water afterwards. And it did work, it ran disks well after that... for a while anyway.

He's got a point guys, Beer isn't very good for cleaning a lens but watered down beer is like some sort of God-like cleaning product. We can only guess why it stopped working again later, maybe the beer wasn't watered down enough? What was the brand name? Was it a nice cold one or was it a bit warm at the time?
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:57 am

I can see how watered beer could work, but I'd still rather use vodka :P
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Springfield » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:05 am

PS2s dont deserve vodka, Dont waste your alcohole on crapy consoles.
Springfield
Plyn

Postby CJ » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:50 am

Crappy Console?
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is crappy.
do you have a playstation 2? no.

Of course I should not really bother with people like you, after all, Halo IS your favorite game.

So why is PS2 crap knob jockey? is it because it is less powerful than the x-box or gamecube. I know....You're one of those x-box fanboys aren't you? Of course it has to be true because if you hate SSBM then you obviously don't have much reason to like Gamecube.

You are not a real gamer Therefore your opinion doesn't mean shit.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:36 am

Yeah, I'm seriously considering a ps3 since I'm told thats Backwards Compatable, so I can catch up on some of the classics. Once I score myself a better job (the medication deliveryboy thing kinda died), I'm going überhardcore on the next gen consoles.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:20 am

Judging someone because halo is their favorite game, really isn't fair.
But nobody likes fanboys.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Springfield » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:31 pm

Ok, I like consoles for there games, thus why I like xbox, it has Halo, I had a PS2 once so bah! I dont mind sonys PS3, but im still gonna stick to Xbox.
Springfield
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:51 pm

...You don't call it "liking a console for its games" when you like it for one (horrendously overrated) game. That's called "being a retarded fanboy", actually, because evidently you don't know of any good games on your system.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Springfield » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:30 pm

go to hell, I like games. But PC and Xbox are faster and more powerful, so they have better games, with better graphics. and I do like other games apart from halo, its just halo is my favorite.
Springfield
Plyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:43 pm

Springfield wrote: But PC and Xbox are faster and more powerful, so they have better games,

Worst logic ever.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Next

Return to Gaming