VG skill improvers

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

VG skill improvers

Postby Glenn47 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:34 pm

I've got a Melee tourney coming up soon, and the leader of the other group seems to know his shit. My melee prowess is top-notch, but my thinking process has been slowed over the months of social activity. So, here's my question.
What online-attainable games that you can think of take quick reflexes and constantly thinking on your feet? I'm talking action-ish games like Raiden II was in the arcade. Ever fought the level 5 boss? Yeah, that stuff. I need to un-mush my mind for christmas break.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:58 pm

Get a ROM image of Battletoads for the NES and play the hoverbike level.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby RentACop » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 pm

God I hated those fucking bikes.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:09 am

Killer Instinct for the SNES. Finest game for arcade fighting evar!!!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:48 am

I agree: Battletoads bike level. They give you so much grief, acursed bikes.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:11 am

I would say Ikaruga, but that's not available online... Although I did play a flash version once.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:16 pm

Oh, I kinda forgot this topic. Well, I'll start it up again, since the tourney hasn't happened yet.

I actually played Battletoads for NES with a bud of mine over the summer. He kept dying on the very last part of the bike thing. But yeah, now I'm playing DDR a lot. The arrows increase my thinking. I'm already beating songs on Heavy that are 7/10 difficulty, and one that was 8/10.
Wheee.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Return to Gaming