gamecube games

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:48 am

......I got stuck on one part in the entire series. And that is the one time you actually have to use the "Catch Beads" in the theif's hideout. I just..never equipped them.

The puzzles were creative and obviously a new take on puzzles, but nothing complex. I'm suprised everyone keeps saying how difficult they were.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:53 pm

You need to get Fire Emblem too, just got it and its really good. Exept they got rid of Dark Magic.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Escreon » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:03 am

Path of Radiance is fantastic, except for a few little things which I'm upset that they changed:
The trinity of Magic is now crap. It's some crap mock elemental thing that doesn't make sense. And then there's light magic which isn't affected by anything.
You can't see little bars which show how your progress in stats or weapon level is going.
There's others, but I don't remember them right now...

Other than them though, very good game. Nice storyline.
Original Ending:

Unseen: Lyn Copyright Lawyers destroy whole of way.
Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Location: *looks around* erm... a... place... I think it has a computer in it...

Postby * Jade * » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 am

Sage: I still going to get that game but not until there will be a price drop to low as $60 or less.
* Jade *
Wanderer

Postby RentACop » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:57 am

Does the gamecube Fire Emblem still have permanent deaths? Of course if it didn't one of you would have mentioned it but that's beside the point.

Anyway, Battalion Wars is worth a rental.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Escreon » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Yep, still has permanent deaths.
I managed to get through the whole game without my units dying! Woo!
Original Ending:

Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Location: *looks around* erm... a... place... I think it has a computer in it...

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:36 pm

I always go through the games with no one deaths. Its a pain in the neck somtimes though. And yeah, the magic triangle is stupid, i want dark magic!
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Escreon » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:09 am

Another fantastic Gamecube RPG is Skies of Arcadia Legends.
It's a remake of Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, which was brilliant, and now it's on Gamecube! With more stuff!
Original Ending:

Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:21 pm

My opinion- If you have the other systems, don't bother with GC RPGs too much. Tales of Symphonia, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (on all systems, 4-player fun).

Ooh, try X-Men Legends. That's fun, but it's also a multi-console game. Stick with games that take good reflexes and button usage. That's what GC was designed for. Ever try rapidly pressing a PS2 button compared to a GC one? It sucks.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:37 pm

It's not an RPG, but it's one of the best games of all time [/dramatic], so you should get SSBM.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:14 pm

Glenn47 wrote:My opinion- If you have the other systems, don't bother with GC RPGs too much. Tales of Symphonia, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (on all systems, 4-player fun).

Ooh, try X-Men Legends. That's fun, but it's also a multi-console game. Stick with games that take good reflexes and button usage. That's what GC was designed for. Ever try rapidly pressing a PS2 button compared to a GC one? It sucks.

Yeah. It does suck. Like in Resident Evil 4 for PS2 and gamecube. It's harder with the PS2 because the buttons are smaller but with the Gamecube the 'A' button is huge so it is easier to tap.

I got the PS2 version anyway. I would have gotton the Gamecube version if it had all the extras like the PS2 version does.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Which is why you just buy a 15 dollar crapass rapidfire controller.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:22 am

My brother got SoulCalibur2 on GC for christmas. I liked using Link, and my brother is pissed at me because I finished it before him. On a sort of related topic, I got the Minish Cap, and it's pretty good, kinstone fusion was an interesting addition.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:33 am

Oh the Minish Cap... probably the worst Zelda installment since WindWaker... right.

You'll think "Hmm, kinstones! That's interesting." until you realise basically ALL the side-quests are kinstone thingers and you get very bored of it. Shrinking and running around was fun and original though, more of that and I'd have been happy.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:03 am

CJ wrote:Tales of Phantasia = BEST SNES RPG EVER!!!
followed closely by Star Ocean and then Chrono Trigger.

hmm....GC RPGs. Would you consider Harvest Moon to be an RPG?
Because it's an awesome game but I don't know what genre to classify it as.

It's called a Simulation.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming