gamecube games

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

gamecube games

Postby * Jade * » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:45 pm

hello, gamecube is one of the consoles i own, along with DS, GBA, Xbox, PS2 and couple more.

Well there is not many good RPGs for the quiet-almost-dying console...

the only awesome games i can think of atop of my head are: Pokemon XD, Fire Emblem, Zelda WW, Zelda TP, Final fantasy, Baten Kaitos...

could someone tell me which one do I miss that is good to play for GC? I used to have Zelda WW and FF but I sold them =p I need to get FE when I got the chance.
* Jade *
Wanderer

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm

Tales of Symphonia on GCN

Get an emulator for the SNES...that's where all the kickass RPG's are at.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby * Jade * » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:56 pm

I am not a newbie with emulation, Been with emulation since 2000 when I first have Pokemon Red for GB on PC.
* Jade *
Wanderer

Postby CJ » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:17 am

Tales of Phantasia = BEST SNES RPG EVER!!!
followed closely by Star Ocean and then Chrono Trigger.

hmm....GC RPGs. Would you consider Harvest Moon to be an RPG?
Because it's an awesome game but I don't know what genre to classify it as.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:45 am

It gets very mechanic the first coupla years, so I always kinda stop after a bit...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:28 am

Tales of Symphonia, definitely. And Phantasy Star Online Ep I&II, and Ep III. And Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Those are the RPGs I know you're missing, off the top of my head. Apart from them, you need Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, and SSBM. Duh.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby * Jade * » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:50 am

Impossible wrote:Tales of Symphonia, definitely. And Phantasy Star Online Ep I&II, and Ep III. And Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Those are the RPGs I know you're missing, off the top of my head. Apart from them, you need Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, and SSBM. Duh.

Meh. I really need to get my hands on Pokemon Collosseum, Japanese as well as the Celebi bonus disc but the bad thing - I need an Action Replay/Freeloader to get it working...oh well.
* Jade *
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:41 am

No, you need none of that shit. You need Tales of Symphonia.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:32 pm

Speaking of Tales of Symphonia: Can someone tell be how much it usually costs (in Australia of course) because i've been thinking of getting this game and don't usually travel for an hour just to look at games.

I walked into EB on boxing day because they had a 50% off sale on most of their stuff and do you know how many console RPGs I found?........3:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Xenosaga: Episode II

Not counting Sudeki for X-Box because I don't consider that a real traditional Japanese RPG.
And there were NO Gamecube games.

DAMN IT I WANT DRAGON QUEST VIII FOR FUCKS SAKE. I couldn't be fucked downloading it because then I have to patch it and put up with an inferior video system (not saying that NTSC is inferior to PAL but when you get a game running with NTSC's resolution and PAL's refresh rate, then it really licks balls. Kinda like what some people would call....NTSC50).
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby * Jade * » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:56 pm

Xenosaga: Episode II
...Great. Do they still have the sale on right now? If so, I will fucking run off to Chermside EB.

By the way, I do want that Dragon Quest VII game. I know my bro is getting Xbox 360 and I will get PS3 and Revolution, but i donno about Revolution as their new stlye of gaming is gonna worries me abit.
* Jade *
Wanderer

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 am

I saw Xenosaga: Episode II at EB strathpine, and it costs AU$99.95 or something like that.

I like Xenogears that was a fucking awesome game.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 am

CJ you want the price?

Let me just bend over and magically pull some numbers outta my ass for you.

20 USD for new and used...

oh, and get this for gba since you phail with romz

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:42 am

what's the point on getting it for GBA? I bet when they release it outside of Japan they're gonna cut all of the funny bits out because it's 'inappropriate'. Anyway, I'm enjoying the SNES version to much to give a fuck about a GBA version.

Too bad Dejap is dead.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby * Jade * » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:50 am

I dont get a damn about Phantasia. Tried it and its not really interest me.

O, I like Golden Sun. Awesome RPG, was it? Eh.
* Jade *
Wanderer

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:57 am

Yes it's great but the puzzles can get very frustrating.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming