WoW anybody?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

WoW anybody?

Postby _MurtagH_ » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi all. this is my first post and first topic on this forum :) just got the way 1 on a recommendation from a friend.

Just wondered - do any of u play on world of warcraft? frickin' awesome game! reply soon

murtagh /out
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:22 pm

About 6 months too late...
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:18 pm

You do know that the Inheritance series' storyline is almost totally derived from starwars, don't you _MurtagH_?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:38 pm

I know that m'self, but I like it anyway. Remember, it's not what you write, it's how you write it. And man, did he ever do a badass job of writing it! Although it does kinda suck that the plot is a complete and total ripoff of Starwars. Why? Because now I know that Eragon is going to bring Murtagh back from the dark side right before he dies... :roll:

Wait, is it just me, or is this post a complete and total tangent? :?

About WoW, it's newbie over-easy crap thats heralded as being really fun, but you still just beat stuff by spending uber amounts of time and not through any actual skill of your own.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:46 pm

As for WoW, I havn't heard anything too good about it, it sounds ok, but it als seems like the only people who really like it are Warcraft fanboys.

As for the Inheritance series, well I like it too, but if the 3rd book is as obviously copied from star wars as Eldest was then I'm not gonna read it.
...and I can't believe that the first book is being made into a movie, much less a movie that is coming out this year...
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:31 pm

Actually, I love -craft RTSs. It's just that I hate WoW.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

hmmm... 6 months too late? wot do u mean by that? i think u'll find tht players on WoW (not characters but players ie accounts) have tripled in the past year. it's not 6 months too late lol. the inheritance trilogy was taken from star wars? any spak could argue tht for any book. i don't really see how any fantasy can completely disregard star wars but still it doesn't bother me. as for WoW... well don't get me started on it ... nothing too good? it's easily the best MMORPG of all time with 5 million players (account not characters i'll highlight again) from all over the world. the guys at blizzard are coming out with new stuff 24/7 and there's even gonna be a new expansion in a few months with new races etc. don't talk about somehting if u haven't tried it thx very much. and warcraft bum boys? o dear i don't think i can answer and keep it clean enough for this forum :) no offence
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:20 pm

btw no skill of ur own? o man are u lost... try it i'd like to see u beat one of the pvpers on WoW in a duel. i could beat players 6 lvls above me in duels and tht's no mean feat i'll tell u now! don't try to impress ur friends with info u read from forums tht complain about the easy nature of MMORPGS because there's more to them than lvling by killing stuff. a spak mite do tht, true, but lets face not the whole gaming ocmmuntiy is made of retards.
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:33 pm

I myself am an MMORPGer, and have played and observed my friends Warcraft characters. And I have Final Fantasy XI, but at the mo' I'm out of the online gaming spirit. I've just finished the creative/interactive phrase of the "Grand Gaming Cycle" as I call it and now I'm back to SNES RPGS: Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean and the best game in the entire universe - Terranigma.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:21 pm

YOU FORGOT ToP!!!
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Heh, There is more skill in doing duels in NWN then WoW and NWN wasn't even made or balanced for PvP. Generally there are nearly no games that relay heavily on skill rather then items or how much you "donated" to the game for stat boosts.

Thats because gamers are getting softer and softer these days, They want easy games, Games where they do not need to think too much, If you give the so called "gamers" to play "In the eye of the beholder" they won't be able to get past the tutorial.

i don't really see how any fantasy can completely disregard star wars

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:40 pm

I have, in fact, played WoW, and this "skill" you speak of? I bet you were a shaman fighting a warrior six levels above you... :roll:

That's why you always balance your classes before PvP, kids! :)
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:42 pm

WoW is amazing. Yes you can level quickly by beating the Crap out of monsters, but you'll be rubbish for your level and will get no enjoyment from the game. If you take leveling at a steady pace and join a fun guild, you can have fun just chatting whilst doing the more boring leveling. Doing instances is fun because you can't do them on your own and everyone has to pitch in. Every class has something to offer. If you find beating monsters boring: duel other players or attack members of the opposite faction. If all you have done up to then is do easy kills you'll find out how crap you are. it's just like someone playing the way with an adaquate plunge skill because the plunges are easy (or impossible). If you were able to fight other people who'd taken the time to get all the rocks then you'd find out how crap you are.

By the way: can't wait for E6 :D
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:48 pm

Murtagh is a mage actually as he is alliance and can't be a shaman. Yes shamans do own wow and are overpowered for PvP, but they are going to be nerfed soon.

Inheritance trilogy is also amazing.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:49 pm

I don't want to say anything I've said before, so:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/se ... dclass/155

EDIT: I will say again, the Inheritance trilogy is awesome. It really is. The way it's written really allows you to identify with Eragon, and to feel like you are really there. So what if the plot is a complete copoff?
Last edited by Aegis on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming