Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Hunt of the Phantom Slasher

Postby War » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:04 pm

Hunt of the Phantom Slasher

There are X amount of people. Out of all those people there is one Phantom Slasher. The Phantom Slasher has the ability to kill one person each round and take them out of the game, but the people can fight back. Every day the people will have a trail to figure out who the Phantom Slasher is. If they guess right then the Phantom Slasher is killed, but that alone will not stop the Phantom Slasher as there last target takes over from where they left off.

Here are the rules.

First the Phantom Slasher is picked. Everyone will be given a number and by use of a random number generator the first Phantom Slasher will be picked.

Then the people hold trial. There is first an open floor where they can talk and figure out who they think the Phantom Slasher is. Then the voting floor is open. Everyone has till the a set time to vote. When the time is up everyones votes are counted and all who did not vote before the set time give a null vote. Even the Phantom Slasher can vote and be in the open floor.

The Phantom Slasher must tell me who there target is and also give a subtarget (you will learn why later). If the Phantom Slasher did not send in the targets before the voting floor is closed then the Phantom Slasher die automatically and a new Phantom Slasher is picked using the same way the first Phantom Slasher was picked

If the person with the most vote is the Phantom Slasher then the Phantom Slasher is killed and taken out of the game. The target of the Phantom Slasher then becomes the next Phantom Slasher.

If the person who is voted is not the Phantom Slasher then they are given immunity to the Phantom Slasher for that round. That is why the Phantom Slasher must send in a subtarget incase the target is picked. After the trial is over then the target/subtarget is killed and take out of the game.

The game will go on like this until only 3 people are left. There is one final vote. If the Phantom Slasher is killed then the two people left win. If the Phantom Slasher is not killed then the Phantom Slasher wins the game.

So what do you guys think? The amount of people in the game will be decided based on how many people like it. Each round will be a day and the times will be set depending on the people we have. I want to make it timezone friendly. We can have this in one the forums or in the IRC room. Which ever you like.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:11 am

It's like the werewolf game except its a lot more stupid.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby War » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:34 am

Werewolf game. Never heard of it.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:40 am

.. And the vampire game . . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby War » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:43 am

I got this idea from a friend of mine online. I was just trying to make something fun to do. There is not alot we do here. Sorry if you want to be a cunt about it.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:54 am

It's a nice attempt, but no, it's not a very good idea. If you want to make a good game regarding The Way, at least spend a while thinking it through and making sure the game requires some measure of skill to win.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby War » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:15 am

Actaully it was a pretty good idea. Though it doesn't matter what I post here. I could post the greatest game in the world and you people would never go with it because it wasn't posted by Porter or Jeramyu.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:29 am

Don't assume your ideas are brilliant and we don't like them because they were posted by you. They could just all suck.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:31 am

Fitz Tayo wrote:Don't assume your ideas are brilliant and we don't like them because they were posted by you. They could just all suck.

Hmm, a bit crude, but I agree. I have no prejudice against you (and hope I never will), and I still found the idea to be lacking. It's just that it feels so overdone, like you can find one such game in a website and twist it around 'The Way' theme to make a The Way game. The only actual The Way connection in your game is the Phantom Slasher, and by changing the name you could make a game about anything!

Seriously, how do you know all your ideas are brilliant? You can fail just as much as anyone else. Jeramyu or Porter just spend more time thinking idea over, making them more The Way themed. People like ideas because they're good, not because of the men who made them.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby War » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:15 pm

I just made it The Way Themed because this is The Way forums. I got this idea from a friend of mine online. The forums is lacking right now. Noone knows if The Way is over or not, it has already been said that the forums is slowly dieing. I though it would be fun to have a game so I used a idea a friend of mine did on a different forum and used it under a The Way theme.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:40 pm

Well, it was of good intent, and for all it's worth I very much respect your devotion to the community. But you can't just put a The Way tag on some random game and post it. People will still notice it's just another Random game. It's like putting a wine tag on a bottle of grape juice: You can tell the difference.

Think of more creative, or just more well thought cotiniuations. There are many other ways you can bring the community back together: Fandom is a good solution. A good fan game or fan fiction could liven it up. You could simply try advertising The Way among your friends and other forums. I have, anyway. Still, fans like me will keep popping up. The Way isn't dead at all! And as long as it lives, so will the Boards. Also, I wonder if anyone's asked Lun if Episode 7 is in the making. If not, it's pretty much aimless to say the forum's dead.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:53 pm

If we're going to do this we'd have more fun to do a mafia game. Check Nuklear Power forums for the details.

Basically you have one mobster, one serial killer one cop and a couple of other roles, each day or something the cop choses one person to investigate, the serial killer one person to kill, a bodyguard one person to defend, the mobster one guy to initiate. etc.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:49 pm

I'd be fine with this game if it wasnt completly luck. I'd still play anyway, but it doesnt look like anyone else will.

wait, does that make me the winner?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:24 pm

War wrote:Actaully it was a pretty good idea. Though it doesn't matter what I post here. I could post the greatest game in the world and you people would never go with it because it wasn't posted by Porter or Jeramyu.

It doesn't matter who posts it... If Porter or Jeramyu posted this it would still be a stupid game. But fact of the matter is they didn't post it. You did.

And just because you tell everyone it's a good idea doesn't make your idea any better...
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:54 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:And just because you tell everyone it's a good idea doesn't make your idea any better...

Well buggery.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming