14%

Total votes : 7

Bryce- The program

Postby Stedar » Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 pm

Hey, i wanted to try and make some sweet maps for my game, like
The Way's, i took almost 4 hours searching the web for free trial offers,
and i haven't found one yet...

well, one that works i mean..
I downloaded a trial version of Bryce 5, but i still had to register, and when i did, it didn't work...

Will someone help??
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Thu May 25, 2006 3:29 pm

I have Bryce 5. Its pretty funky. I usually just use it for making panorama for Dnd, but its also fun to just mess around in every now and then.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu May 25, 2006 4:59 pm

What is this Bryce 5 and where do I get it?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Thu May 25, 2006 5:03 pm

Flibbo, do you know where i can get a free trial version?
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu May 25, 2006 6:43 pm

Here's my text on bryce from another topic:

EmperorJeramyu wrote:All of the parallax backgrounds are original, so those are definately a no-no. They were created by Lun in a 3D modelling program called Bryce. And from personal experiance, I can tell you they are pretty darn tough to make right. The custom sprites and music are usually listed at the beginning of the episode, and of course, all of the menu graphics and most of the pictures are original.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:They're made in Bryce. I could probably accurately reproduce some of the simpler maps, but I know it's bryce because it has the same textures, style of landscape generation, sky creation stuff, etc. But I digress, Lun is a god among men when it comes to bryce. For example, that first pan with the overview of the blood lyn super-mountain-fortress is absolutely astounding. I believe Lun told me it took almost a full day of work to create.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:According to Amazon, Bryce 4 is $100. There's also Bryce 5, which is currently unavaliable, or the latest version, Bryce 5.5, which goes for around $98.

To my knowledge, Lun used Bryce 4. My experience is all with Bryce 5. But I suppose the latest version would probably be the best.

Though there are ways to get these programs that make cost... shall we say... irellevant.

I know of no trial version, however.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri May 26, 2006 12:06 am

You sound like the Dark lord in that last quote.

"There are those that consider the methods of the GNAA haxxor group to be....unsavory. But they only fear the power the GNAA can bring to them! They fear it! GIVE IN TO YOUR ANGER!!"

And for the unknowing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Nigger ... of_America
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Stedar » Fri May 26, 2006 1:51 pm

Yeah, i read that topic, but does anyone know where to get a free trial?
I really don't want to spend $100 on something that i might suck at and hate....
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Return to Gaming