73%
I kinda like the games
18%
No, it sucks
9%

Total votes : 11

Harvest moon on the net, just for hero_bash

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat May 27, 2006 10:58 pm

I couldn't help but notice the link to your online project hero. It reminded me of the "Harvest Moon Online" people were eagerly anticipating for so very very very long. I wanted to compare the two and stumbled on something even better

http://www.harvestmoononline.com/

That's right, its going down. It died. That's not your problem. However, their incentive for finally saying they're done was this:

I'm sure you all know that Marvelous and Victor Entertainment have announced an official online version of Harvest Moon. This only further adds reason to why this project should be shut down. The chances of a lawsuit have risen and we'd be competing against too large of an opponent. We wouldn't stand a chance at all.

Their old website was here but it had almost nothing promising.

So since I didn't see any online capability, which I am sure would seem very nice for a fan-made project, I just want to put a word of warning to anyone who hoped to see a havest moon online, whether by making one or finding one.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Mon May 29, 2006 11:40 pm

they should just change the name or something
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Stedar » Tue May 30, 2006 1:47 pm

i wonder how many ppl looked at my site-

it's very much appreciated!
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby hero_bash » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:18 pm

oi, too bad
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:24 am

Harvest Moon Online Insurance?! YES!
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Requiem » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:36 pm

Oh my. An online Harvest Moon game sounds like a terribly dangerous idea anyway.

Most games in the series require the player to be in constant motion, flying in a frantic flurry of farmer might, rushing to and fro from town to field, planting, cultivating, and raising livestock. Any second not spent doing said activities is a complete and utter waste, certain to plunge your farm into failure if too much time is spent idle.
Indeed, the only time the player can ever truly be at peace is when they save the game and turn it off.

That said, if the game were created for online play, the world would have to become persistent, much like a sadistic version of Animal Crossing. With time constantly flowing and with no regards to whether the player can or should be playing, some of the more fanatic and assuredly mentally unstable will be motivated to never leave the game for any reason.
Children obsessed with becoming the best farmer in all the world will defecate where they sit, festering in their own fluids and wasting away to nothing, assured by some dark and twisted voice in the back of their head that the game is all they require to sustain themselves.

Maybe I'm taking things a little too far, but just you watch.
Someone's going to at least end up in the hospital.
Momento mori.
Requiem
Plyn

Return to Gaming