Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:02 am

Alt - 0163

£
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:24 am

I could do that. But then I'd have to memorise 0163. The only alt+code I can remember is Alt+789 = §. And that's only because it's the top three numbers on the number pad.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Sarcasm wrote:I read it was, for some reason, 525 in the UK, Sorry, my english friend.
It now may be £350 but me anf my mates reckon they'll crank up the price.
Still not going to get it until it's around 200-300.

Damn right. Same here.
got the old PS2 when it came out for 300

It was £300?! I got mine brand new for £200 about a week after it came out.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:I could do that. But then I'd have to memorise 0163. The only alt+code I can remember is Alt+789 = §. And that's only because it's the top three numbers on the number pad.

Ah, of course you're right.

After all it is much more efficient to buy a new keyboard rather than typing in a series of 4 keys for the rare occasions in which you'll actually have to use the pound symbol.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:58 am

It might have been £200 (See! I remembered it! I'm cool!) but I can't remember, 'twas ages ago.

And it would be more efficient still to NOT buy a new keyboard and just change the Key-Layout from American to English, which I still can't work out how to do, bastard computer.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:33 pm

I love Nintendo. Their games aren't always winners, but Gamecube struck gold equally as often as PS2 did. Xbox never really mattered to me. Halo, yeah yeah. But in reality they only have like, what, 10 games that you can only get on XBox? Gamecube and PS2 HOG their games, and that's what I'm expecting for Wii and PS3. XBox 360 will probably shit out some, well, shitty games, with one or two winners here and there, which not everyone will play anyway because of how much each system costs. That's also gonna suck. With so many people choosing one system over the other, and each system having its own games, what will our console-torn friendships talk about? Some people have the entire friendship based on gaming, but they'll pick a different system.
"So, how's uhh...that game...?"
"Metal Gear Solid 4? It's so sweet, I just (blah blah blah)."
"Oh...great. That sounds awesome, yeah."
"And how about the umm...Wee?"
"It's awesome man, I was playing this one (blah blah blah)."
"Yeah, wow. I should try that sometime. When I can borrow your Wey...ii...e....thing."
"Yeah...someday."

PS: Yes, Wii is a gay name. But when the Gamecube was gonna be "Gamecube Nintendo" I was pretty pissed off too. We'll find nicknames, don't worry. (Let's go play some "cube" dude.)
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:16 am

I dunno, the Nintendo Dolphin was a pretty queer name too.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:42 am

Jesus, Fitz. you are a mind reader.

I was going to say that, but then I couldn't remember if the Nintendo Dolphin was a prototype name or if it was going to be a seperate system.

What's really lame about it was that the Dolphin logo was, you guessed it, a dolphin. Jumping through the Nintendo sign. Audiences all over the world gasped in confusion.

Oh well, I suppose it's better than drawing someone's Wii going through the Nintendo sign.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:32 pm

I hope when you tuen it on it goes "Wii" in an slighty ammused voice :D I'd buy it just for that.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:03 pm

But when the Gamecube was gonna be "Gamecube Nintendo" I was pretty pissed off too.

I just figured it was because the acronym NGC was alrady taken.(Nevada Gaming Commision). Atleast, thats the only reason I could think of.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 pm

The PS3 is officially going to cost £425.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:04 am

Well, good luck to them. Well, not really because I want a Wii. (No toilet jokes, please)
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:06 pm

I've decided to buy a Wii now instead of a PS3, it is fully emulated for every NES, SNES. N64, Gamecube games and even for some Sega games. You can also buy controllers for the previous game consoles which have been modded to plug into a Wii. The Wii Nunchaku controller is motion sensitive and is so badass. All this for a mere £150? Sony can fuck right off.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:32 pm

PC > Wii > Everything else

And the first two are at a close tie.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Nunchaku controller? Is that the standard controller's name, or are you talking about some kind of nunchuck awesome death-stab fuck controller? And fuck was just in there for good effect.

And I dunno, I kinda liked "The Dolphin Project" cuz that sounded cool. Just calling it the "Nintendo Dolphin" wouldn't have been as cool, even IF it's my favorite animal. You can teach it tricks, teach it to understand more words than lesser monkeys, and some people go as far as to sex them, which is their call, and the best of luck to them.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming