I assure you, it's not pron

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I assure you, it's not pron

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:02 pm

You heard me. Not pron.

http://www.notpron.com to be exact. I like it, personally. It's quite possibly the hardest puzzle I've ever seen and has such a vast range of subjects in the various stages that I am confident that this is the best puzzle online and in the history of puzzles, which is not very incredible because puzzles don't exactly shake the foundations of society (save that sudoku crap).

Give it a try. I'm in the 60's right now, and I'm willing to give hints if you want. As for anyone else who think's they're just so damn cool and will post the answers without any hints at all, I salute you. You've just proven yourself to have the intellect and maturity of a toddler with a computer for doing that.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:33 pm

I got to like level 12 and then I realized that I was actually going through the trouble of converting freaking media files to figure out a goddamned riddle. so I decided to stop doing notpron.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:39 am

I'm on level 9 right now, and this is really fun! Took me a hella-long time to get past 8, and now I'm feeling unlucky about 9, but it's really too late to attempt it now. Great stuff here, 10 points.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:38 am

Ah, 12. That was a fun level. I remember me and some friends stared at that for a minute, just thinking...I recognised the bottom portion of the code and knew exactly what to do. I just kept changing it until I heard something that MIGHT be human, then I was like..."Why don't we try backwards?" So we tried. We went ballistic. Great times.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:07 pm

Stuck on level 7. Ive figured out the URL says "name it backwards" but im not sure what it wants me to name. I'm guessing the picture, but I've tried every way of saying wrapper that I know of.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:03 pm

Look at the source code.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:10 pm

And how do I see the source code?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:13 pm

Right Click > "View Source Code" or View > "Page Source"
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:18 pm

Remember, this guy is German. Anything past telling you that would be plain unfair.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby BustroQuick » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:14 pm

I've been stuck on the one with the left/right image (with the items on the desk) for ages. I look back on it ocassionally, but never get any farther ;P
BustroQuick
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:11 pm

Even after those hints it still took me another hour. Guessing every single candy bar I could think of, and there german variations...
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:22 pm

Well, visibly it looks like a twix bar, but when I tried that, it said "Too new" or something, so I looked at the wikipedia article and saw Twix was originally named "raider".
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:10 pm

I couldn't figure out what candy bar it was, that was the problem.. I'm at 13 now, completly stumped there.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:47 pm

I'm just plain stumped at 11. I know, it's probably easy. But I think how easily some of these puzzles are depends on how you approach problems. Many are computer-related, but 8 took me forever because I didn't think that "Jay Pack" sounded ANYTHING like you-probably-know-what.
So any advice on 11?
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:19 am

In firefox, look at the title...Then right click the pic and say "View Picture"...Then read the url box and remember your level number. Then remember the title if you still dont get it.

And Sage? 13...Fuck that one. That'll just drive you insane.

User : devil
Pass: hell

I took a week to get the rationalizing on that one...It's fucking crazy, so don't even bother.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming