80%
No
No votes
Beta Test
20%

Total votes : 5

Last Oddyssey

Postby Sling » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:29 pm

I've noticed how others have advertised there games so I thought I might as well advertise mine. It's going to on rm2k3 but you won't need RPG Maker to run it. It will be called Last Oddyssey (yes I know I spelt it wrong, it's intentional)
It's going to feature:
-Custom BattleSprites, Charsets and Facesets.
-FFV style job system
-FFX style summons
-Dueling (like the plunge)
-Sidequests
-Multiple Scenarios (like off of FFVI)
and other things which I've forgotten.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby sakabatou » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:50 pm

Sounds fun. I'll give it a try.
Even the fiercest warriors can have a compassionate heart.

A Longing Heart
Map - 5%
Character - 20%
Battle - 0%
Music - 20%
sakabatou
Wanderer

Postby Stedar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Definatley, you've already helped out alot on my game :o
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:52 am

Okay, I now have a working custom menu wihtout the use of pictures. There is a working clock and day/night system as well.

Things still to do:
Custom Side On Battle System
Plunge Style Duelling
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:03 pm

If it's like the Odyssey, then I will hate you forever.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Why, what's the Odyssey about then?
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:12 pm

THE Odyssey?!?

Comon! It's like...a goddamn epic legend! I hate it, but it's a really incredible story.

Short version: Odysseus goes to take out troy (trojan horse), is gone for 20 years. His son and wife are being bothered by suitors after his immense wealth. God's feel bad for odysseus, he has many trials, blah blah, finally comes back and owns EVERY last one of the suitors. That's over 100 suitors, most of them very athletic and strong. It's a very long story, and it reminds me of a very long D&D game because it's always "he equipped a fine belt and new fine sandals and sped off on his charriot as dawn's rose fingers first touched the sky" and other bullshit.

It's really long, really boring, and I had to read it for my summer english assignment.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:15 pm

We had to read it in English last year, about 2/3 of the way in our teacher just got tired of it and just had us watch the movie. Which we subsequently only got through 2/3 of as well.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:57 pm

Keep in mind that one of Odysseus "Trials" was spending the greater part of his journey with a fucking queen of sea nymphs, who was willing to give him immortality and 24/7 hardcore sex0rz. Odysseus goes down in history as being a total pussy for not taking her up on that offer.

And by the way, he doesn't just kill all the suitors. He also kills every single one of his maids because they fraternized with the suitors and didn't clean the house.

That's right. he killed all of his servants because they entertained suitors by sleeping with them (it's their job), and not cleaning his house while he was gone. Total douchebag.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:16 pm

If I remember correctly, his sin helped in the killing asa well.

Then again, I didn't read or watch that part, so I could be wrong.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:35 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:If I remember correctly, his sin helped in the killing asa well.

Then again, I didn't read or watch that part, so I could be wrong.

His sin...yes, well they never really say whether his SON was a sin or not.

He also had his swinheard help him slay the servants.

And GCM, I was trying to keep it simple, that's why I didn't mention why he was so fucked over (blinding the cyclops that was Poseidon's son) or any of the other shit like how his wife was actually faithful and all this other boring crap. I remember he also killed his goat herder.

And he killed the sluts not because they were sluts, but because they treated him like shit when he appeared before them as a beggar.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:36 am

Whats wrong with you people!? its one of the greatest tales ever told, really, I've expected more of you.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:27 am

It is indeed a work of art. If it's like that I'll play the OP's game ;) Else I'll probably only take a look at it if I happen to stumble on any news about its release.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:04 am

Maybe this would be a book topic in the scratch wall, since this is about a game, which explains why I'm being so quick to describe the off-topic story. If I weren't off-topic, I'd be more than happy to summarize it to a great extent. But I am off-topic, so tough.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:01 am

Well in that case no. It is not about THE Odyssey. I haven't decided what the actual storyline will actually be yet. I have written a few bits of ideas and pieced them together into various plotlines and stories and right now I'm in the process of choicing the best one.
Teenr0cker wrote:THE Odyssey?!?

Comon! It's like...a goddamn epic legend! I hate it, but it's a really incredible story.
I've heard of it, I've just never read it. All I know, is that it was written by some Greek dude called Homer.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming