The classics

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Glenn47 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:09 pm

I miss the classics so much. If my sister hadn't stolen my SNES, I would play Kirby's Super Star with my buds every freaking day. Also, I'd have to get a new copy of KSS...but still. Last night my friend brought over his old Genesis that he just got back from his bro. We played Mortal Kombat 2 and Terminator: The Arcade Game, then did some N64 and played MK4, and I started playing a little Paper Mario again (not quite "classic" yet, but with all the next gens coming out, it will be soon). We also wanted to play the original Smash Bros but couldn't find it. Some bitches are talking shit that they could pwn me at it. Gotta prove'em wrong, as usual.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:09 pm

there are some things that will never get old like the original super mario brothers game, chrono trigger, the original sonic, and teenage mutant ninja turtles.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:14 am

I picked up Daikatana. I heard the name numerous times and thought it'd be worth the $3 I paid. I'll update later.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Ghoti » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:40 am

Your lack of Kirby's Dream Course disturbs me. It was and still is easily the best and most innovative golfing type game I've ever seen or played. It friggin' needs sequels, it was so good. I'd still be playing it fervently if only I had more levels and possibly features.

Dammit, why did a game this great have to be so obscure(for a Kirby game, anyway)?

pthuh
Ghoti
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:22 am

First games I played were the Sonic platformers back in the day for the old Sega Master System and Megadrive. Then I got a SNES cheap one day and played Super Mario World non-stop. They're all classics. But my first RPG (for shame too) was Final Fantasy VII, like many others, so I suppose that's sorta "classic" for me, even if I have already played it inside-out and gotten sick of the blasted game. The emulated games I discovered after then will always remain in my heart. Kirby SuperStar, Lufia, Dragon Quest, Terranigma and numerous entertaining games (Like that one with the girl who has a fishing rod that doubles up as a grappling hook)
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:27 pm

I just beat Terranigma, and It's probably one of my favorite games. I still can't believe how it ended, though...
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:50 pm

It's a damn good game. One of my top ten I'd say. It was number one, but I just re-played Lufia recently and I think it's brilliant at the moment.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:44 pm

I was too poor (and my parents were too tightfisted) to get a SNES so I missed out on all the old old games.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Belthazar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:09 am

i know this is gonna be shocking but ffVII is the only final fantasy i haven't played.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:13 am

[quote="Belthazar"]i know this is gonna be shocking but ffVII is the only final fantasy i haven't played.[/quote]
With the ff VII compilation coming the american way (probably skipping europe again, cheap bastards!!) you might have a chance ... if you live anywhere near america that is... ^_^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:00 am

Belthazar wrote:i know this is gonna be shocking but ffVII is the only final fantasy i haven't played.

You're lucky. It's not that good.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:30 am

Yet...his avatar is from Advent Children, a FFVII movie....Fantastic.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:53 pm

Isn't that Kingdom Hearts?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:08 pm

yup kingdom hearts 2, yet one might confuse the loz, yazoo, kadaj with rikku, spoiler and spoiler on belthazer's avatar...
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:09 pm

Fooled me...Man, that was about the same time as AC. Has anyone played through FF7 in a while? I have the PC version and I'm wondering if it's worth the time and effort.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming