Meh, okay
44%
Not to me.
44%

Total votes : 9

Hero-Characters

Postby Stedar » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:24 am

Hey, i know some of you are probably like 'grr not this again'
but i'm going to post the characters and a tiny un spoiling plot.

[If you feel like blowing the plot, then pm for spoilers.]

Name:Ephren Sillion
Pronounced: Eh-phr-ehn Sih-li-on
Skill:hidden but massive
Element:All (mainly Ice and Thunder)
interests:Swordsmanship, traveling
Goal:To find and kill his escapee father
Reason:--spoilers--
intro to Ephren: "I will kill you when i find you.
You don't need to worry about that."
Home Country:--spoilers--
Home Town:--spoilers--

Name:Match (last name- spoiler)
Pronounced:Mah-tchh
Skill:Massive and unhidden
Element:Fire
Interests:Women, Women, swordsmanship
Goal:To save and help the best friend he's got
(and to settle down and get busy :lol: )
Reason:--spoilers--
Intro to match: "The day we met, i knew you'd be a good pal.
Match, the true me, was born that day."
Home Country:Larcia
Home City:Larcia grande city

Name:Rose
Pronounced: Roh-se
Skill:Unknown
Element:Earth
Interests, Ephren, wild life,
peace.
Goal:--spoilers--
Intro to Rose: "I loved you, Ephren."
Home Country:unknown
Home City:unknown

Name:Lisa
Pronounced:Lih-suh
skill:undecided
Element:Fire
Interests:Traveling, Magic, animals.
Goal:Finding her lost family
Intro to Lisa:"I...knew...you looked familiar."
Home Country:unknown
Home City:unknown

Name:Vent
Pronounced:Ve-ehnt
Skill:Massive
Element:None
Interests:Bragging, Sword fights, Attitude
Goal:To be the best
Intro to Vent:"You're going down, bitch."
Home Country:Larcia
Home Town: A settlement near Graden City

Plot:
Ephren:
A mysterious blue haired swordsman appeared over the hill.
As he glanced towards the town, the sky seemed like it became
more dull, and darker. The town's people didn't know what to expect,
a handsome blue haired,(and possibly related to the Divine Rune, a clan of blue, white and black haired people)Boy, walking through the small town. But, when he was challenged in that small block tournament, who knew the blood of another would stain the pavement so much, that it wouldn't wipe off. Soon after this happened, he left. Apparently he was searching for something...or someone... But who could invoke so much anger in this boy as something or someone did, who knows... it's too mysterious...

Match:
A lonely red haired swordsmaster roamed the town of Larcia and areas alike, not expecting to be asked by none other than the king of Larcia himself (king larcia III)to become a commander and teach soldiers in the field of battle. He was mysterious, and homeless, so they took him in.
Some say he's from the Fire clan from the north...That would explain the red hair...

Vent:
My past IS over. I had nothing to worry about... I could've lived the great life... And... you just ruined it for me... you're gonna die!

Rose:
My dear Ephren, i am puzzled to see you confused, and i am amazed at what you can do with a sword... But why do you never come back to this small town for visits, what are you after? Why?

Lisa:
Leave that poor animal alone, or...or... I'll hit you with magic!!
....Fire Bolt!

More characters to be revealed sooon.
As well as more plot.

Tell me what you think...
Last edited by Stedar on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:34 am

First off, this:
AznChipmunk wrote:Also, there's no space in "AznChipmunk".

Anyways, I think the plot seems a bit... vague. Might want to say something else, but I guess it's okay.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Stedar » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm

Yea, can't reveal most of what is the begginning, becase that is spoilers too, and where Ephren starts off mostly.

oh, and srry about that
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Re: Hero-Characters

Postby Ovenhole » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:16 am

Stedar wrote:Skill:hidden but massive
Skill:Massive and unhidden
Skill:Unknown
skill:undecided
Skill:Massive

Any skills in this game that can't be described as massive? As fighting is an important part in almost every game, there should be at least some variety in what the characters can do, otherwise it'll get boring soon
Same goes for the plot. The only guy without any mysterious reason and/or past seems to be Vent. Some mystery is fine, but not too much.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Re: Hero-Characters

Postby Stedar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:04 am

Ovenhole wrote:Same goes for the plot. The only guy without any mysterious reason and/or past seems to be Vent. Some mystery is fine, but not too much.

Sure, some people will be wimps, weaklings etc... But who makes any main heroes or bad guys extremely weak?
Well, there's not much i can tell other than what i said, but Vent's past will be revealed by the end of the demo. And the skills between these characters will also be mainly revealed, it's just a matter of time.

And for more of the plot, i guess you'll just have to wait and see...
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby War » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:51 am

Why do all heros in ever games have to be like 16 years old. Its like

"LOL I beat you even though you have trained all your life for 50 years and I have only killed a few monsters outside of town!"
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 am

Stedar has obviously been reading the RPG Bible

5. Logan's Run Rule
RPG characters are young. Very young. The average age seems to be 15, unless the character is a decorated and battle-hardened soldier, in which case he might even be as old as 18. Such teenagers often have skills with multiple weapons and magic, years of experience, and never ever worry about their parents telling them to come home from adventuring before bedtime. By contrast, characters more than twenty-two years old will cheerfully refer to themselves as washed-up old fogies and be eager to make room for the younger generation.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Stedar wrote:Name:Vent
Pronounced:Ve-ehnt

Wow, half of my last name.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:59 pm

I want to sin in terms of the RPG Bible and break at least half of the rules.

1: Easily broken.
2: Not quite so easily broken, but still possible. Worked for BoF II
3: I can see ways to work around this (bribing would be an example)
4: Could be a tatoo, like waterworld, where it LEADS to a special area or is the blueprint for something.

5: Age can be way more than 18. I would definitely do mid-20s and wouldnt bow down to the lower generation, even though common ages mean common ground for characters. None of that "father figure" crap too where theres a 57-year-old and a little teenage girl and he vows to protect her. Screw that.

6: Easily done. Leave the parents in the still-alive town. Possibly have them help out in some way. The father might be a trader, the mother a chef or owner of chain bakery etc...their usefullness will be better than a dead parents', that's for sure.

7: Another rule easily broken. Don't think about what-if's too often. It can happen. Teachers addressing younger characters by last names, butlers if the family doesn't go to ruin (which disobeys rule 12), even government officials.

8: Just depends on your word-usage. "Go to Gobi, the eastern Trader for this item". See, not so hard.

9: Very difficult to avoid.

10: Just depends on the setting. Modern day world, this rule still applies, just in lesser degrees.

11: Ha! Yuna rule? More like "Samus" rule! Though that's a scenario that's played out far too often, say...every time...If I had a sequel, god forbid, then it would be far in the future, at least a decade, so maybe the hero sold the weapons or maybe he lost it or even had it stored away...I would consider a storage facility (HUUUGE) Dungeon where he might acquire his kickass sword or weapon. As for magic, I'm sure there could be a reason. Might do a materia thing, so they don't really ...HAVE spells, just stuff that allows spells to be cast if they have the right equipment, so they could lose the materia-esque item too.

12: Keep the parents. If they run a business (see 6) then they'd be fine. Don't forget, destiny doesn't count on poverty!

13: That's not really a fair rule to make, but I can't say I wouldn't try to make it wrong. Might make an Alan-equivalent character that preens his hair often or something....

14: Breaking this one involves a ton of triggers. Triggers mean space on the game cartridge. Space the game developers don't have. If there were ever a fantastic game that seemed too short, but had SOO much to offer, that might have been the reason. Again, it depends on the maker in this case. Either that, or you could...NOT put treasure chests in residential areas...

15: Final Fantasy is just blaring in my mind when I read 15. However, a good diverse set of characters is always possible with enough effort.

16: Same thing. It depends on the storyline.

17: A few of these ring true. Once again, patience would be key to avoid all of these.

Alright, I'm stopping there.....this thing's far longer than I remember...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:05 pm

You were really bored, weren't you?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:33 pm

I'd rather see a game that obeys absolutely every single one of those rules and is still a decent game. It'd be retro and funky.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:29 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:I want to sin in terms of the RPG Bible and break at least half of the rules.

None of that "father figure" crap too where theres a 57-year-old and a little teenage girl and he vows to protect her. Screw that.

Yuck, yeah... but is there anything else you would like to know that isn't spoilers?
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:15 pm

Here's my main character:

Name: ___ blank, he doens't have one, nobody knows him and he hasn't bothered toremember it, if he was ever given one.
Age: Some few thousand years, when you're immortal you tend to forget silly things like how long you've been alive. He appears to look in his 30's.
Gender: Male features, but he has no nipples or bellybutton, or gender for that matter.
Skill: He's got thousands of years of experience, no mortal will match him, face it, mortals live for a hundred years tops, what do they know?
Goal: To not be boored, so he does whatever tickles his fancy.
Reason: He's lived for tens of tohusands of years, you'd have done most things possible by then, including saving the world (repeatedly)
Home Country/Town: If you're created in a research station in space I guess that's your home town...

Story: Created among several other entities to be a perfect soldier, genetically perfect from the frame of the human body. He is imortal, or rather his cells regenerate and do not suffer aging. Enchanced with sub-nano technology his entire body is a weapon. Able to use telekinesis, the force, magic and a multitude of other supernatural abilities he's basically kickass. He was fighting an entity of pure energy, and when that entity combusted it swept through him, injuring him. Giving him some amnesia and bruises, but more importantly it broke the machinery in his brain that kept him from disobeying orders. FRom there on he became a free lifeform.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:40 pm

But can he uses Psionics!? HMM!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:39 pm

:roll:
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming