"This is my final mission."

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:23 am

Metal gear solid 4. Chills. This is obviously the Metal Gear to end all Metal Gears, in more ways than one. We want to know more, desperately, but for now that's all we get.

ONE BIG LIE!

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Big Boss returns to battle in this all-new MGS action game for the PSP system, where players control the original Snake throughout the game as well as recruit and use their own squadron of mercenaries.
http://psp.ign.com/objects/783/783630.html

What's next?
Metal Gear Solid 0...
Naked snake was the clone of ...
ORIGINAL SNAKE! The granddad of 'snake', David returns in his own adventure letting himself be cloned, and his clone, 'Jack' be used in a nuclear experiment! He then marries a girl, who's daughter is called Boss!
The game will take place on the moon and there's about no where to hide!
:wink: :lol:
I'm just kidding though! I actually love the mgs series and posted this one especially for our dear old flibbo! What you think bout it dude?
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:49 pm

Snake dies because MGS was supposed to end with three, but the fans are fucked up in the head and sent Kojima death threats to make him work on MGS4. This time there's no way for the series to continue.

Only Sony fanboys would act like that... >_> Seriously, what kind of fanbase sends threats to the person they worship? And it's a fucking shame, because Kojima is a great man capable of REALLY great things and MGS is holding him back. He should be making original games based on original, unique ideas. Shame Boktai didn't take off, the third game is Japan-only and the DS game, Lunar Knights, is abandoning the stealth gameplay that made Boktai great, so I'm less interested in it now. It just seems like a typical action game.

Boktai's stealth is so much better and more varied and awesome than MGS's, possibly due to the fantasy setting that allows for more than one type of enemy, weapons that are good for something, and all sorts of ways of interacting with the environment. Plus, 95% of the game is actual gameplay and most of it is stealth, while MGS is at least 50% cutscenes and codec conversations, and a large amount of the gameplay consists of action segments where the game is weakest.

Anyway, they're calling this new game a true MGS game, but maybe that's because they're trying to gain interest after the Acid games sold like shit. It still sounds like a spinoff. MGS won't succeed on the PSP, nor will 99% of the games on it, they need to give up and spend more time on the DS.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:00 pm

If you're an extremist nintendo fanboy isn't it a little hypocritical to attack sony fanboys?

Anyways, the PSP seems like it's tanking so it would have been smarter to put that on a different system. any system really.

It seems like a cool premise but it'll be ruined by its console.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:59 pm

Seriously, what kind of fanbase sends threats to the person they worship?

I dunno, Sherlock Holmes fans did the same thing when he was killed off. Until he was brought back. People do it, I wouldn't blame it on Sony fanboys, just the fact that there are more idiots in the world then not.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:44 am

Well i'm going to buy it because it looks like it might have some potential, but i'm not holding out for anything that could be as good as the other MGS games. I loved metal gear ac!d, but i got bored of it and i am yet to buy Ac!d 2, not sure if i ever will. Hopefully this will do better than the ac!d series, but i honestly don't know.

To be honest i havn't been looking into it that much, when a game i want comes out i usually try to go in as blind as possible and form my own opinions rather than entering the experiance with a bias formed by official reviewers who have rated some of my favorite games way below what they deserve. After i saw the inital trailer i marked it down as something i'm going to buy, but stopped probing the gameplay and story from there on. Besides, i've been too obsessed with the Wii lately to give it much time and attention.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Return to Gaming