More intersting than Stedar! I mean, Portals!!!

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

More intersting than Stedar! I mean, Portals!!!

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:48 pm

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3186_en.html

Download the High-res there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ku9gHA22W7g
Conform and go there.

If at first you don't succeed...you fail.

Coming soon, attached to the Half Life 2, episode two order.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:07 pm

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:27 am

Thankee kindly holstein.

So, who's now prompted to actually go out and buy the next installment of the half-life 2 series? I am, that's for sure.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:54 pm

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId= ... sec=VIDEOS

update on Hl2:ep2, Deathmatch 2, and Portals

Best part? It's all bundled up in one package. Can't wait for the first fiscal quarter or whatever, because that's when valve is going to release it.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:40 am

Does anyone know if it's just going to be on Steam?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:24 pm

They're making it available for the Xbox360 and are considering putting it on the ps3. They're not 100% sure though.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:31 pm

I meant, is it going to be in a store? In a box?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:14 pm

Update:

Valve has announced an additional delay in the release of episode 2, saying it will now be planned to be released in Summer 2007. Thousands are weeping.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:45 pm

And in recent news, Valve announced the "Orange Box" yesterday, on the 18th.
Link

What really interests me is the fact that they've decided to include HL2 and Ep. 1 in the Orange Box. A resounding "What the FUCK?" echoed among gamers, not content with buying one of the best FPS games for a second time. However, Valve calmed their nerves, informing them of a miraculous "Gift system" that allows those who own HL2 and/or Episode 1 to gift either/both of the games digitally to friends who have yet to own either of them. Personally, I think that's kickass, but one can't help but think Valve's doing it for cash and nothing more. Not that "Allow newcomers to enjoy the full Half-Life saga" bullshit.

Also, pre-ordering grants access to the Beta of TF2. And you save 5 bucks. But of course, it's only 5 bucks, and we've already sat through about 2 years of GOD-AWFUL DELAYS, what's a few more weeks?

Be ready for an epic ton of concentrated badass awesome, coming October 10th, available via Steam, or from fine retailers in a physical form for the PC, HALOBOX360, and PS3.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby JJK » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:01 pm

the EP2 videos look really great but will they have the same system requirments of EP1?

is deathmatch comming seperate with Ep2 like how it was with ep1?
"Oh well," McWatt would sing, "what the hell."
JJK
Wanderer

Postby Aegis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:32 pm

Valve suspended my Steam account for no damn reason.

I emailed them a half-month ago and they still have not responded.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:49 pm

JJK wrote:the EP2 videos look really great but will they have the same system requirments of EP1?

is deathmatch comming seperate with Ep2 like how it was with ep1?

Two responses (three, kinda):

1: Read the fucking description. As for the DM question: They don't sell you a package and then scream SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER! HERE'S SOME MORE SHIT!

That'd be very unprofitable.

2: Who gives a damn what the requirements are? Valve's not going to suddenly require 8 GB of ram to run a damn game, but that'd be a pretty sweet game if they needed that much at this time. If you're going to have to seriously reconsider purchasing the orange box because of your system, don't bother. Really. If you meet the requirements barely, it's still not going to be good, because all those sweet ass graphics you've been seeing will be like night and day compared to the shit you'll have to play with once you've minimized all the graphic options just to run the damn thing. While I honestly don't care to look into it, I would just guess that the requirements would not be an astronomical jump from Ep1.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:53 am

I know, this is half life we're talking about, but don't you think that was a little unnecessary?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:58 am

Greatchickenman wrote:I know, this is half life we're talking about, but don't you think that was a little unnecessary?

I can promise you, half of my posts probably qualify as unnecessary.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming